Acer AT110 F2 server Bios recovery

dlovep
dlovep Member Posts: 4 New User

Recently, after a few reboot on the server upon windows update, the BIOS was reset to manufacture date, which remind me the battery was gone, so turn off and replaced the battery. After battery replace turn on the server, a blank screen silence on hard disk and no response. Not even show up logo, read the e-manual mention there is a recovery pin, place the pin to recovery mode for BIOS, power on heard 2 beep, then nearly 5 minutes 4 beeps then power off/on again, not work.

Tried clear CMOS pin for 5+ minutes with new battery in and battery out while power off, not working.

Tried copy BIOS file to usb and reboot, not working as well.

Any thought will help, thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• dlovep
    Answer ✓

After numerous retry and finally get it work, hope it help others while ACER itself wont and cant help you out.

0. power off your server.

1. remember last BIOS version, then download at least 1 version newer than current one.

2. copy the same BIOS file 3 times and name it to (AMIBOOT.ROM, SUPER.ROM, FLASHABL.ROM) I dont know which one it read.

3. copy those 3 files into a FAT16 or FAT32 USB stick (no need to be bootable)

4. plug in the jumer on 'Recovery Pin' to enable (2-3) 

5. plug in USB stick 

6. turn on the server and you should hear 2 beeps 

7. and usb should flash (if usb has led in it) and 3~5 minutes later heard a quick beeps 

8. your monitor should see a screen in BIOS recovery mode.

9. follow instruction and the server will power off,

10. plug recovery jumper back to 1-2, unplug USB, then power on. 

11. server will do a quick run on then go off, wait 2~3 minutes then power it on again

10. the BIOS fixed with a newer version.

Thanks to Acer NOT providing any help on this issue, as well as NOT documented anywhere

in their user manual about this issue. I will definately stay away from this brand from now on.

Answers

• dlovep
    Answer ✓

After numerous retry and finally get it work, hope it help others while ACER itself wont and cant help you out.

0. power off your server.

1. remember last BIOS version, then download at least 1 version newer than current one.

2. copy the same BIOS file 3 times and name it to (AMIBOOT.ROM, SUPER.ROM, FLASHABL.ROM) I dont know which one it read.

3. copy those 3 files into a FAT16 or FAT32 USB stick (no need to be bootable)

4. plug in the jumer on 'Recovery Pin' to enable (2-3) 

5. plug in USB stick 

6. turn on the server and you should hear 2 beeps 

7. and usb should flash (if usb has led in it) and 3~5 minutes later heard a quick beeps 

8. your monitor should see a screen in BIOS recovery mode.

9. follow instruction and the server will power off,

10. plug recovery jumper back to 1-2, unplug USB, then power on. 

11. server will do a quick run on then go off, wait 2~3 minutes then power it on again

10. the BIOS fixed with a newer version.

Thanks to Acer NOT providing any help on this issue, as well as NOT documented anywhere

in their user manual about this issue. I will definately stay away from this brand from now on.