Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-53VG No Keyboard Backlight!

Options
2»

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Thanks!

• RichardBlaine
    RichardBlaine Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also have the Acer Aspire E 15 laptop (E5 575G 53VG) since late last July. About a week ago the backlight on the keyboard went out. I had hit the enter key pretty hard the day before when I was re-entering a password, and when I was trying the function key + F9 combination, I noticed the backlight flicker. I pushed down rather firmly on the keyboard, and the light came back on and stayed on. When I began typing some text, after about 100 characters, it went out again. I pushed down again on the keyboard really hard, and it came back on. Now, about a week later it is still on. I am thinking that the hard hit on the "enter" key dislodged something, and I was able to re-engage this connection. I don't know if this same strategy will work with others' situations or not. I just wanted to add my own attempt that has so far been successful at sloving the problem.

• jalek73
    jalek73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I recently bought an Acer E15 E5 575G 5355 model, can anyone tell me if this model has a backlight keyboard?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Options

jalek73 wrote:
    I recently bought an Acer E15 E5 575G 5355 model, can anyone tell me if this model has a backlight keyboard?

Hi,

Look for a flashing letter "A" in F9 key, if you don't have, it means you don't have a backlit keyboard.

• praymond12
    praymond12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    im having the same issue
  • ShadeOfBlu
    ShadeOfBlu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having problems as well. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM The keyboard backlight worked for a month or two (ballpark) and now it doesn't work at all.
  • tJW9c8Pz
    tJW9c8Pz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this exact same issue on my Acer E5-575G. The backlight was working very well for a few months and now it's off and will not turn on. I can't even find an option for the backlight anywhere. Anyone have an update on resolution for this?
  • ncy177
    ncy177 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    You can replace very successful non backlight keyboard with the keyboard with backlight for Acer Aspire e5-575G.
    Try to see your motherboard for place for connecting backlight cable of keyboard.
    If you have it, you need to buy keyboard (costs about 15-25EUR), solder only 4 parts and that's all.
    You can turn on/off by Fn+F9.
    The mod is explained here:
    http://www.asinet.org/projects/acer-e5-575g-backlit-keyboard-mod/
  • mittiebabette
    mittiebabette Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi there. Same situation - I'll send a PM. My backlit keyboard worked for a while and then suddenly stopped. Now Fn+F9 doesn't do anything. Thanks!
  • Luis1021
    Luis1021 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi, I have an ACER E5-575G-53VG, my keyboard does not work. I have windows 10 came with the laptop. I uninstall the driver and restart but still does not work. I can turn on the laptop with the key board and use an external key board or the screen keyboard
  • Perspero
    Perspero Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    * DISREGARD  this post* 1st post in order to send PMs ... 
  • RAVINDRAKUMAR9784
    RAVINDRAKUMAR9784 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi i am new user,  my laptop keyboard light not on/off  i am trying to frest time but his not working,  i have allredy check FN+F9 but no on /off,  plz give me a solution 
  • Johnharg
    Johnharg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    In the last week I purchased an Acer Aspire E15 to replace my HP.  One primary reason for this choice was the lit keyboard.  After a week of research and trial and error to activate the backlit feature I find myself here with others. This is an important feature.  What can I do please?  I need your helpo.
    Thanks,
  • masonrtomlinson
    masonrtomlinson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having this issue on my Acer Aspire E15 E5-575-33BM. It came with backlight when I bought it a year ago, worked for a few months then suddenly stopped working. I know my model has the backlight because I recently had a friend buy one and the backlight works on theirs. Any ideas? It is annoying not being able to see my keyboard in the dark.
  • CSTIBBS
    CSTIBBS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Need to have a fix for non-functional keyboard backlight.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi all,

Please try doing a battery reset:

Internal - https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13677/related/1

External - Disconnect the charger> Remove the Battery (you might need to use a pen or clip to move sideways the secured button)> Press the power button for 30 seconds and reconnect the charger to the power plug and turn the unit on. 

If this did not fix the issue and you need technical assistance you can go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under the support tab, you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.     

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• steufly
    steufly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Check in Bios (pushing F2 while logo acer is displayed) in MAIN the Keyboard light auto-off option