Switch Alpha 12 won't wake up from sleep (sometime)

Options
chuakm
chuakm Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I got my new Switch Alpha 12 a week ago and very happy with it, until this happen.

2 days ago I woke up in the morning and trying to wake up new Alpha up, but it just won't.

I've read some Troubleshooting Articles on acer website regarding some machine with Windows 10 can't start from sleep. It suggest we disable hibernate, so I did it after a long try to make my new Alpha boot again. (Holding power button / holding both voloum up and power button for 60 seconds or watever seconds is it, I have no idea, tried too many time and get confuse).

*actual link for the artice - http://acer-my.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41968#_ga=1.124798410.1569247663.1466686921

At first, I thought i fixed it and I was so happy about it. But it happen again just now, after my new baby Alpha went to sleep mode for a period of time, no idea how long though. (It is ok if enter sleep mode for few minutes, I think)

Is any of you facing this problem as well? 

Anyone here able to help me, please?

Thanks in advance...

Answers

• chuakm
    Options
    OMG just now the it suddenly breakdown without and sign, just like unplug a laptop without battery. need help please!
  • chuakm
    Options

So I accidentally make it enter save mode and able to reset it (keep files) and expecting the problem is solved.

Nope, it keep happen.

I found a easier way to make it run, I plug in power source and click power button once, it will keep trying (indeecator light blink with different period of time) until it go to a blue screen with :

FullSizeRender.jpg

I click restart (Did reset already)

Sometime my pc still breakdown when Acer logo appear, sometime after I typed my password, mostly PC will run after it.

I also tried to let my laptop run overnight because I dont want to face the same problem anymore. Cable pluged, set it to never sleep, set close lid to do nothing. leave it a night and next morning .......#$%&^*&^@"?{! u kenw what happen already, it wasn't running but it actually broke down and cant boot like always.

Next thing I m going to try is, let it run and disattach the keyboard, or maybe sleep without keyboard...... which is totally make no sense, what i bought is laptop not tabletMan Indifferent

wish me luck, hope i can found the problem.

I cannot wait to get your reply.....

Regards.

CKM

• davwick1
    davwick1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

All,

Got it to work on my switch alpha 12 by turning off Hybrid sleep. (in the advanced power profile)

Following the acer advice to turn off hybernation is a silly response kills battery as sleep uses power.

Where i have seen this in the past its usually bad video drivers, but as the Acer one is custom you can't update with the latest intel ones, driver setup refuses.

Dave

• chuakm
    Options

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your advice, but my Hybrid sleep was always off (at least after reset, 100%) but it still happen.

any thing else i can do?

Are you facing same problem before you off Hybrid sleep?

Thanks

CKM

• tmsqld
    tmsqld Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have recently purchased same unit. I am also having issues. Have read and disabled hybrid sleep - no difference.

Have to do a hard reset to restart machine each time this happens. 

Any help appreciated

Michael