Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How to remove battery for Aspire E 14 E5-474G-71P7

I would like to know how to remove the battery for my laptop as I do not want to overcharge the laptop battery. Thanks in advance!

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,787ACE Trailblazer

There's no need to remove the battery as there's a built in mechanism to cut off charging when the battery is fully charged.

• orishorish Posts: 2Member

Yeah, I just bought a very similar model (E5-573G-31PX) and the battery seems to be completely internal - no way to remove it without opening up the entire computer.

I'm also worried about the battery life-time as I usually have my laptop plugged in 24/7 as a kind of desktop computer. I very rarely use it on battery. On other machines, I simply remove the battery peremanently - and then charge it up before I plan on going out with my laptop.

The E5 manual says to condition the battery by charging it, using it up and re-charging it three times. Is this still the case for the 573G-31PX model? And is there a built-in mechanism to ensure that the battery life won't be compromised if I just leave my computer plugged in???