How to create macros acer predator 15?

farizz145
farizz145 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I wanted to assign applications to macro buttons, I tried using the Predator Sense application, but there is the only option of recording, so, how can i record applications??

I want to open an application whe i press a macro button, but, how can i do that??

Answers

• AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User

First of all update your predator sense to latest version to make sure you are running the fixed one,

#1: open predator sense

#2: go to hotkey profiles

#3: set key assignment of the recording app you use/ select group

you should be done!

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I'm happy that someone asks, but the answer here helps me as much as the waisting time manual.

@AJ-KW

Do you have this Predator Sense as well?

There's no way than this makro recording feature or to use some of the examples.

The question here was how not if it is possible, sorry!

• farizz145
    farizz145 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Yes, I did that but it only records key presses, so, if I want my macro button to open a particular application; steam for example, how can I do that?
  • AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User

I didn't see the option that does this, but as i said, if you use FRAPS for example, and the hotkey is F5 you can use a macro button assigned to F5, at the moment the macro keys preform like https://autohotkey.com/

i don't use them that much, but there must be a way to link the macro keys with another software to assist you opening certain apps, do your own research and find the proper software that does this trick...

• beststevie

Hi,

that's not what I wanted to read, but you are certainly right. I just couldn't believe, that this software cannot do such things on its own.

Only apps which have an hotkey can be started here. I tried hard to get some game combinationts to work like alt+d or so, but it never worked in a game. So for me, they're nice lights, not more .... Smiley Sad and certainly the standard functions are fine.

• beststevie

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/perfect-hotkey-132/

this software is for free today ...

• Vinter8
    Vinter8 Member Posts: 14 New User

I have create macros for my predator. Actualy it's pretty easy.
    If you want to open steam with macro keys. 
    1. right click on steam shortcut
    2. chose properties
    3. go on "shortcuts"
    4. "shortcut key" put let's say "ctrl + alt + N"  and apply.
    Then go on PredatorSense macros. "create new macro" name it Steam, start recording and put it like me in this picture. And that's it. Also, I have try ctrl + alt + S but its not working. Maybe because it already shortcut for something, Im not really sure. Untitled2.pngUntitled1.png

• SquishyMuffin
    SquishyMuffin Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon

That's a clever workaround. Well done!

It is a shame it's not natively supported by PredatorSense though Smiley Sad I kinda wanted to assign the calculator to it for example.

It is, and should be good for almost cheating in some games though - i.e build orders in company of heroes or attack combinations in an mmo.