My laptop came with widows 10 . Can i choose windows 8

jqueen
jqueen Member Posts: 1 New User

If my Acer Aspire Es1-521 comes with windows 10 and i dont want that. how can i get windows 8

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

There is no way for free downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8/8.1. Your only solution is to buy a windows 8/8.1 license and install it on the computer. But in this case you will wipe all your data from the partition on which your system is installed. Or you can install it on a different partition and have a dual boot.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Some of the newest chipsets don't have drivers for older OSes, but I think yours is OK. They started shipping the ES1 models with 8.1 and changed to 10 for later shipments. As suggested, you'll have to do a clean install of a licensed version, so it'll involve buying a retail copy of Windows 8.1 (64 bit) from someone like Amazon, then installing it yourself. Make sure you download all the Windows 8.1 drivers from the Acer site first and put them on a thumb drive. You may need to install them after the Windows install is comeplete in order to get everything working.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.