Liquid Zest 4g problem Camera out of focus

Leahcim1096
Leahcim1096 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

On the 9th of june 2016 I purchased a liquid zest 4g phone. Problem seems te be that the back camera does not focus properly at midrange to long distance ( from 3 meters to infinity). Pics are blurry and grainy. The back camera is effectively unusable. Acer support indicates a software problem. Hopefully a quick sollution on the way. If not then I have been sold a defective product. Any others with similar problems? If so contact Acer to let them know.

Answers

• micbeen
    micbeen Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey leahcim1096,

I got the same problem with the back camera. The short range focus is correct but above a meter distance the focus is incorrect.

Hope this gets resolved quickly.

• Leahcim1096

My hope is for a quick sollution. I have found Acer support to be lacking in urgency on this problem. I am beginning to lose confidence.My retailer has a 2 week return policy. If no sollution is forthcoming in the coming week Iwill be returning the phone for a full refund. 

Needless to say that if this problem remains unsolved I will not be recomending this brand. A pitty!!

• micbeen
    micbeen Member Posts: 2 New User

I contacted support and they are aware of the rear camera focus issue.

"The update will be available via the ALU (Acer Live Updater) soon."

• cedriccalma06
    cedriccalma06 Member Posts: 5 New User

I got this exact problem too.. I'm very dissappointed.. I can't use my rear camera.. does acer already has an answer about this problem??

• Leahcim1096

I.have not received a satisfactory sollution from Acer yet. The back camera is still unuseable. Almost three weeks waiting now.

• cedriccalma06
    Thanks Leahcim1096... can you please update this if ypu recieve a sollution about this problem.. because my retailer said all this device model is all the same.. Acer should fix this immediately because these day camera is a necessity.
  • Leahcim1096

I wil keep you posted through this thread. I am frankly astounded that this brand would let such a problem with the camera remain unsolved. You would think that customer satisfaction, their reputation as a dependable brand and word of mouth would be important to Acer. I am still waiting for a pro active approach from Acer on this issue. None so far!

• therenzelreyes
    therenzelreyes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone! I just bought this phone yesterday and have noticed that it also has the back camera problem. I like this phone and hope this gets fixed soon.

• Leahcim1096

Hope so too. The back camera performance is one of Acer's selling points for this hand set. We have essentially beeen sold an incomplete product. Acer should put more resources, urgency and time into solving this problem and informing us (the unfortunate customers) as soon as possible when the sollution is forthcoming. Still waiting after three weeks in my case..

• therenzelreyes
    therenzelreyes Member Posts: 2 New User
    I contacted my country's Acer Service Center. Currently waiting for a response.
  • Leahcim1096

Hope you hear something soon. The latest response I got from my country's Acer Support Centre states that there will be a software update coming " soon" that will fix the problem. I got this message on the 29th of june 2016. Lets see how fast " soon" is. Almost four weeks waiting now.  i will keep you all posted if and whebn the sollution comes.

• Enes1
    Enes1 Member Posts: 16 New User

@Leachim1096, how did you contacted the right support for the questions? Like when you want to know if there will be a software update for a specific phone. Because I bought last saturday the phone Acer Liquid Jade Z and I'm wondering when there will be a update. Been waiting for couple of days and no response of one of them at this topic: http://community.acer.com/t5/Android-Phones/Planning-to-buy-Acer-Liquid-Jade-Z-tomorrow-at-25-6-2016-PLEASE/m-p/440877#U440877

• Lee-0
    Lee-0 Member Posts: 8 New User

Same problem here on the 3g phone have two of them one cannot focus the other little better.

Don't expect to much from sofware update promisses. I found a bug on another phone they didnt fixt it even when they promissed on the next update thats six months ago.

• Leahcim1096

Six months?? WOW. that's shocking. I must say that the purchase of this phone has turned out to be a pretty negative experience. Product is defective, no urgency from the manufacturer Acer in solving the problem. i hope they are monitoring this message thread and are realising that dissatisfied customer is not the way to stay competitive in this overcrowded market. wonder when the penny will finaly drop. 

• Robert68
    Robert68 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello,

Have same problem, camera is focussing bad with unsharp pictures. Contacted Acer what they going to do with this problem but still have no anser back. Hopefully they gonna solve the problem because the rest of the phone is oke.

Robert.

• cedriccalma06
    I go back to my retailer last two days ago and report the problem. They took my phone and send it to its manifacturer they said it will approximately take 3-4 days to get the result. Hopefully acer will have an answer to this problem. It is really the company's problem i think because when they try it to other liquid zest 4g it is disame.
  • Leahcim1096
    Hope Acer Will fix this Liquidatie Zest 4g problemen for you. Please Keep is informed. Maybe we should All send this detective product Back.
  • cedriccalma06

Good Day, This is the result of my problems about liquid zest 4g... Unfortunately acer didn't do anything about the situation, They return the product as the same you send it.. in short they don't give a concern about the problem.. well that's bussiness right there.. it is all on your retailer now.. my retailer replaced it with a different model liquid z630 its quite disame but zest 4g is has more features i guess..well thats it they replace it with a different model because all of their zest 4g models has the problem..

• Robert68
    Robert68 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Hello,

Contacted Acer for cameraproblem with Zest 4g. They contacted me and in their email they say that in about 2 weeks a softwareupdate is coming that has to solve the problem with camera.

Robert Netherlands
  • Leahcim1096

So now they are saying two weeks. That is very daring of Acer. I hope this time they have made a promise they can actually keep. If they actually solve the problem Iwould the first to give them respect for that. As it now stands I have grave doubts about this company's ability to 1. deliver a fault free mobile phone and 2. to correct the fault in a timely fashion when it is brought to their attention. I would love to be proven wrong though.  Still waiting for a sollution.