es1-512 the ] key acts like its pressed??????

DavidRayMason
DavidRayMason Member Posts: 2 New User

`My laptop was working fine then suddenly started acting as if the ] key is being pressed. I've performed a factory restore on it so now im back to 8.1 from 10 and is still not fixed and now I can't log into windows at all if I plug another keyboard into it the keys are functinal on it,but doesn't change anything. The pointer and touchpad seem to be working properly and none of the keys on the laptops keyboard are working but when I click the EOA icon to activate the OSK it only flashes momentarily so I'm not able to click it! I've tried resetting the battery and still not working. I've called tech support and they said since I've done the reset to factory condition theres nothing else that can be done and to mail it to them. I'm at witts end on this situation and appreciate any advice from this community. ES1-512 series MODEL# MS2394                                                                                                                    sinceraly David Mason

Best Answer

• DavidRayMason
    Answer ✓

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I'll go on an mail it in then as they have all ready told me to. I've always been lucky like this..lol again TY

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Unfortunately, the support agent you spoke to is correct. If a factory reset did not fix it, it is a hardware and will require repair to replace the keyboard.

• DavidRayMason
    Answer ✓

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I'll go on an mail it in then as they have all ready told me to. I've always been lucky like this..lol again TY