Acer B326HK Monitor - cycles between inputs very slow at boot time

Options
enum91
enum91 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello

I have a B326HK 4K monitor. I have it connected through a DisplayPort 1.2 cable (it's actually miniDP to DP so I can switch it around and connect my monitor to either my PC or my Macbook Pro).

Every time I boot (either on Mac or PC), it takes it's time to cycles trough all the input sources DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, mini DisplayPort...

It's a slight annoyance, but it's long enough that I miss all the BIOS messages and I only get to see the Windows (or OSX) login screen.

From the monitor seetings I've manually set to use display port 1.2 but it's useless.

Are there any other settings? Is there a driver?

Note: I have tried several NVidia drivers, and tried 3 BIOS versions. So I think It's the monitor because I connected it to several laptops, my pc, my macbook, etc. and it does the same.

I also can't use HDMI or DVI because I want 4k at 60hz.

Answers

• seberle
    seberle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'd like to add another plea for ideas, as I have the same issue.

My connection is DVI and it does the same slow cycle through the input options before hitting the DVI option.

I miss the BIOS posts everytime on a re-boot.

Win 7 64 bit

M5A99X EV0 motherboard

Radeon HD 5670 video card

• chris-ma
    chris-ma Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi,

i can join you on this quest..

I think this could be easily fixed by Acer through a updated monitor firmware.

For me it comes down to these two issues:

1. If Display Port is selected as input through the menu i'd like the monitor to stay on Display Port for at least maybe 30sec. Then switch off the panel and do not cycle between all inputs.

2. Dedicate one physical button on the monitor to let me switch through the inputs manually. Normally i know which input i want to select next and the automatic cycling takes forever.

System Specs:

- Monitor is connected using DisplayPort

- Arch Linux 64Bit

- Fujitsu D3446-S Mainboard

- Intel HD Graphics P530

• camovehia
    camovehia Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I got the same problem after changing a CPU and motherboard, while I didn't have it in the past with the previous motherboard/CPU. Every time I boot the computer it cycles through every input and even "no signal" before it reaches the Displayport. Any solution would be much appreciated! My monitor is H257HU.

• chris-ma
    chris-ma Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I tested this on several mainboards/cpus/graphic cards, on my current setup there is a 50% change when rebooting that it happens.

IMHO this is about the graphics output, it takes one second longer and the monitor cycles all inputs.

I just need the monitor to stay on one input until I tell it otherwise through manual input!

• enum91
    enum91 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

BTW, since then my monitor actually almost died. It started having all sorts of glitches and the screen had a lot of horizontal flickering almost-dead black pixel lines. Thank god I was still under warranty. They had to change the LCD. I'll probably sell it and buy something else. This is one of the most (if not the worst ever) bad investments I've ever made.

Great job Acer. Smiley Frustrated