acer r11 cb5-132t-c32m will it get the android apps update

ltd
ltd Member Posts: 11 New User

i just bought the acer r11 cb5-132t-c32m chromebook and i have been every where WILL THIS MODEL GET THE ANDROID APPS GOOGLE PLAY STORE

Answers

• MrB
    MrB Member Posts: 8 New User

The R11 is one of a few scheduled for Android Apps/Play Store support later this month (June 2016); other chromebooks/boxes will get the same later this year.

• ltd

thanks for the replie but there is a acer r11 c720 that is listed that will get the update early june mine is not same model i cant find any site that list this model its a new model janurary this year 

• MrB

Google don't care about the "sub-model" designation:

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chromebook-central/Pd0CY3oi1cA/l3B2WTkBDgAJ

• ltd

thanks a lot it was so nice and kind of you to give me the web site seems they list the one model but my model included again god bless and thanks so much

• ltd

ok bout end of june and no android for r11 cb5-132t-c32m i even changed to dev channel nothing so im thinking is this new r11 getting the playstore seems not. the r11 this model was to be one of the first someone said asus flip got it. 

• MrB

Have you been updated to Chrome 53 yet?

Google usually rolls things out pretty gradually anyway--gives them time to get some feedback before doing more widespread updates, time to work out the kinks.

• ltd
    I had 2 updates no 53 if I go to Dev channel it updates to 53 but don't install playstore like another site said it did
  • MrB

It looks like Android apps being extended to the R11 and the Pixel may be delayed by a week or three, so sometime in July; but one or both of those two are the next ones up, followed by all of the others later on.

• ltd

still no play store on acer cb5 132t-c32m now i hear might be this and pixel or just one ok this is a new chromebook and this is acer i see thats telling me that this model get it really.i even went to dev.. channel like it said on web and it would install play store well no it dont so i feel this is we want you to by acer so heres the deal yes googls said it was included in june well its not june its july mabey i should go to apple get rid of android ect..

• ltd

ok still no android on acer r11 cb5 32t-c32m past june i think its a well something it was said these 3 in june now it changes i even tryed the dev.. channel like the web said it would in stall playstore really ok not on mine

• MrB

According to many news outlets, support for Android apps is now available for the R11 with the dev channel. It's still a bit buggy, but it's there.

• ltd

I don't know where you getting outlets from my r11 cb5-132t-c32m has had at least 2 updates which one was bout 2 days ago no 53 still 51 I also seen where I could go from stable to Dev.. Channel that I did it is version 53 and then I ask if I want to run play store OK I did that 2times and still no play store so I think only r11 is the other model makes no sense new flip tablet mode Chromebook and Google has to leave this one out if Google don't want Chromebooks other than the high dollar most popular to get it then they need to tell us that don't say all models of r11and be one of first bull one of last mabey.

• ltd

MR B thanks for info.. i just went back to dev. channel after restarting it showed playstore on side bar so you was right thanks so much for all of your replies info.. ect. my question if i go back to stable channel will i still have play store and i din;t mean for my replies to you seem i was being rude lot of info.. out and only yours was correct again thanks a bunch..MR B