Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

My Acer Aspire 5742 is recommending a new battery - what type/size?

SusdoggirlSusdoggirl Posts: 4Member

I'm getting a message that my laptop is recommending a new battery, however, I can't find anything on the settings etc that tells me what type/size battery to buy - without having to open up the unit first.  Can someone please advise what I need to buy and if any special instructions to change out a battery?

FAQ & Answers

• GuruAid-CSGuruAid-CS Posts: 467Member

To help you understand, what type and size of the battery is required for your laptop, you can check it by removing the battery from the back side of the laptop.
    - To do this, first of all please make sure you turned off the laptop and the power connections.
    - Now turn the laptop to the back side and pulled the clips to remove battery, which is the only removable part from the outerside.
    - Now you can check the specification of the battery and find it online on the manufacturers website.
    - Your battery is of 4400 mAh Capacity, 6-cell.
    - Ac adapter input is AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz).

Hope this will help you.

• CharithaCharitha Posts: 131Member Enthusiast

HI,

Your Battery model is : AS10D31

Please refer the below image for how to remove your battery. Its very easy. Hope this will help you5742 battery replce.jpeg