Wifi problem with Aspire VN7-791.

Options
Axoun
Axoun Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I've got a problem with my Acer Aspire VN7-791.

I've reinstalled Windows 8.1 and I have some issues with the Wifi card.

I've first tried to install the drivers I found on the website, and no one of them could make work (The system still couldn't recognize the wifi card)

Then I tried to install the driver of the official site, and with this one :

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers

The system detected the wifi card and I can now see the SSID of the networks around me.

But when I tried to connect to my network, I couln't, I have a "Can not connect to the network." from windows.

I have a Linux dual boot and on it just works fine, I can see the networks around me and I can connect to mine.

My wifi card is a "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter".

On another hand, I can still use the hosted network functionnality of the wifi card, if that information could help.

Also, for some reason, I can't use the Acer Care Center, it says my PC is not supported.

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Control Panel, Programs and features and uninstall the wifi. Make sure there are no other wifi related drivers installed. Reboot and install the latest Acer wifi driver.

As a last resort, save your personal date and do a factory recovery.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Control Panel, Programs and features and uninstall the wifi. Make sure there are no other wifi related drivers installed. Reboot and install the latest Acer wifi driver.

As a last resort, save your personal date and do a factory recovery.

• Axoun
    Options

I've already tried that, but it didn't work.

Fortunately, I had an old image backup of my PC and I could get a working driver from my previous installation.

Thanks for your help !

• philetus
    Options

That's great. What driver version works?

• Axoun
    Options

I use a french version of Windows and I don't know the exact translation in english, but in the "Peripheral Manager", the shown version of the driver is 11.0.0.373.

• philetus
    Options

What is the date of that driver? It seems a newer version than the one on Acer.

• Axoun
    Options

The driver's date is 08/21/2014.