Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I have a Acer Aspire V nitro or VN7-591G windows 10 files got corrupted what do I do?

I upgraded to windows ten, the microsoft people tell me I need a product key, which acer doesn't supply, and its 40$ for a new one. I am out of warrenty so it's atleast a hundred dollars through the acer service. I just want to be able to go back or do something to fix this I am so lost right now. I can't even run CMD in admin mode so I am more than lost to say the least

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus Posts: 4,428ACE Pathfinder

Windows 10 should have activated automatically. It's still free for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, users.

How did you upgrade? Did you wipe your HDD?

• garritwgarritw Posts: 6Member
    Okay so I wanted pro which isn't an option for free upgrade so I signed up with insider preview and got a free version of pro through that. It's the exact same process to set up as the free home upgrade I walked through all the steps and chose to keep personal files, I proceeded to fall in love with Windows ten, until it upgraded one night and in the morning my task bar stopped working and when I tried restarting I recived a stop code error. I'm at a loss.
    Should I have wiped my HDD. If so didn't know that. Guess I should have done my research. What are my steps from here. Also very few functions are working the computer tells me the file path has an error

Did you get a valid, permanent product key with the Free Win 10 Pro? It is not a free upgrade.

If you deleted the Recovery partitions on the HDD and you didn't make a USB recovery drive, you won't be able to recover it to factory specs. If you did not delete the recovery partitiond, Hold Alt+F10 at start and see if recovery starts.

If no recovery, you can download the Windows 10 media

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

and do a clean install. It should activate. After it is installed and activated, install the Pro key and it should update to pro.

I have a valid product key. And insider preview means you're like Windows test dummy. So when this happens you tell them and they say thank you and suggest you do a clean install. So I guess that's what I'll do. And wouldn't the recovery partition be on my SSD? Thank you.

If your system is on the SSD, so is the recovery.

You should make the USB drive before you do anything.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38147/~/windows-10%3A-create-a-usb-recovery-drive-using-acer-care-center

If you can't get into Windows to do it, I would recommend doing the factory recovery outside of Windows. Hold Alt+F10 at start to access recovery.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/~/use-acer-recovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media

I am able to access Windows. And will do that.