Aspire U5-710 : Request for Firmware & Driver updates !

GunBee
GunBee Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello,

I've been using an Aspire U5-710 for several months, running Windows 10 64-bit.

Although this AIO machine has been running great, it does have a few issues with the Intel Graphics card.

The U5-710 features an Intel Skylake CPU, with embedded Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.

ISSUES:

Intel has confirmed graphics issues with its Skylake CPU. Issues that are encountered :

- the screen randomly goes black, often when scrolling in Edge.

- the screen remains black, often when coming out of sleep.

These issues are occurring on almost any Skylake-based device, not just Acer.

SOLUTION:

Intel has been releasing new graphics drivers, fixing these issues.

Most notably: the latest .4424 driver of the Intel HD Graphics 530 seems to fix these issues. See here.

PROBLEM:

Acer uses a customized version/build of the Intel HD Graphics 530 driver, so it is not possible to install Intel's HD Graphics 530 driver. We are dependent on Acer to provide an updated video driver to fix these display issues.

REQUEST:

Can Acer please release an update of the U5-710 drivers/firmware ?

In addition, other Intel components (e.g. WiFi, BlueTooth,...) have newer drivers on Intel's website.

Please Acer do an update of your officially supported drivers for the U5-710 AIO device. It's a great, modern and slick device, but the drivers need an update. They haven't been updated since the release in November 2015.

Thanks for listening and kind regards,

GunBee.

Best Answer

• GunBee
    Answer ✓

Good news !

Acer has released a Firmware Update yesterday, coined R01.A02 for the Aspire U5-710.
    See the Acer Driver Download support website here.

ACTIONS:

• Please go ahead and update the firmware of your U5-710 machines.
    • If you encounter the Black Screen issue on your U5-710, please check my other forum post here.

Thank you and kind regards,

GunBee.

Answers

• 11tarbas
    11tarbas Member Posts: 4 New User

Cool, you have an Acer Aspire U5-710 like me too. But do you hear any random ticking noises coming from your hard drive? I always do.

• GunBee
    Answer ✓

Good news !

Acer has released a Firmware Update yesterday, coined R01.A02 for the Aspire U5-710.
    See the Acer Driver Download support website here.

ACTIONS:

• Please go ahead and update the firmware of your U5-710 machines.
    • If you encounter the Black Screen issue on your U5-710, please check my other forum post here.

Thank you and kind regards,

GunBee.