Is there a stylus pen for ACER One 10?

Options
aplucinik
aplucinik Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Is there a stylus pen for ACER One 10 Windows 10 tablet?    I don't mean a generic stylus that just replaces your fingers.   I'm looking for a fine-point pen with which you can hand-write your data which is immediately converted to text instead of using the keyboard.    

Is the One 10 tablet designed to accept this type of data input?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The type of stylus you need is called an active stylus, which uses a battery to generate a little field that the tablet 'sees' as your finger. They typically have a clear plastic tip that allows you to place them very precisely.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aplucinik
    aplucinik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the response.  I know what kind of pan I'm looking for but my question is: Is there a pen that I can buy that is specifically made to work with the Acer One 10 windows tablet?  I'm using an active stylus right now on an Android tablet to write this response. I want a pen that will work on my Acer Tablet

• Greywolf1967
    Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

There are a few "Active Stylus" on the Market however please learn and read all you can before you buy. As Acer has 2 Active Stylus listed in their store but both require a digitizer layer built in the screen.

One key to look for, is the Stylus marketed for use with iPad/iOS ( iPad/iOS does not have digitizer).

The one I use is Adonit Jot Script, and it works flawlessly with my Acer W3

Acer W3 + Jot Script

• Keesh
    Keesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just bumping this to find out if anyone had tried any specific stylus pens on the Acer One 10. Have we confirmed that it does require an active stylus?  I would like to use it for drawing programs, so before I shell-out on some expensive pen, I'd like to know what other people are doing.

Thanks!

• HéctorAcerOne
    HéctorAcerOne Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same question, I recently bought an Acer 10 One 2x1 and I need to know what stylus pen is full compatible with this device?
    Tnanks in advance!
  • Greywolf1967
    Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Ok lets get the information right..... if your tablet/2in1 does not list Pen Support ( Wacom/Ntrig + digitizer layer), pens with extra features like Pressure Sens/Palm reject will not work with your device.

Your Acer One 10 is like my Acer W3, not built for pen use. However this does not mean you are shut out from using a Pen.

You do not want the Soft Fat Mush Tip nor do you want the Stylus with the flat round disk on metal ball either!!!

Look for what is called Fine Tip Active Stylus, most if not all are made and marketed toward iPhone/iPad ( devices that do not support digital Pen). On my Acer W3 I use the Adonit Jot Script. Adonit makes various Active Stylus, but avoid the Adonit for Windows as it is a Surface Pen replacement and requires the digitizer layer to work.

Windows has built in Hand written input, and it works well !!!!

Just so you know what you are looking for here is an example pic of an Adonit Fine Tip Active Stylus and the Fat Mush Tip

• Cruztiago
    Cruztiago Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hii!!! I have one Acer one 10 S1003 and a Wacom Bamboo Ink pen but its not work. Its compatible?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Nope, the Wacom will not work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Blank95
    Blank95 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    will Adonit pixel work for acer one s1003??