XB271HU - occasional image corruption

UncleJemima
UncleJemima Member Posts: 1 New User

Every couple of days, my Acer Predator XB1 will start outputting a corrupted image. The screen doesn't freeze -- it will continue to output video -- it's just as though some of the pixels are getting jumbled before display. It's as though the coordinates of some of the pixels are off by one or two in some direction, and the effect is constant. That is, the pixels aren't getting jumbled in a different way every frame.

If I take a screenshot, the resulting image is not corrupted, which initially made me think it was a problem with my DisplayPort cable or the monitor itself. I figure if the corruption is happening on the GPU it'd screencap that way. Additionally, this only happens on the XB1; My other Overlord Tempest monitor is just fine.

However, the thing that makes me think that this could be a GPU issue is the fact that shortly after going into this corrupted mode, sometimes both of my screens will turn off and the only way to fix them is to restart my PC. Turning the monitor on and off while the corruption is occurring doesn't have any effect, but changing display settings such as resolution will also permanently turn the monitors off until I reboot.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Answers