internal microphone not working

Coldfreeze
Coldfreeze Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone,

So today I recieved my laptop back from repairs, I had a faulty Wifi adapter and they fixed this by completely replacing the motherboard and the wifi adapter and wiping my data.

Now while that is a minor inconvenience, the bigger problem is that my internal microphone does not work at all.

Windows shows it working, but it does not pick up sound at all, not in settings, not in skype and not after reinstalling my complete OS, now this sounds like they did not connect the microphone when replacing my MB. 

I do not want to send my laptop back, so does anyone here know how to fix the mic without having to send it back, I tried every single software solution for my microphone, I have six years of IT epxerience.

Kind regards,

Coldfreeze

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do you see it in recording devices in this generic laptop? Is it set to default? You say Windows shows it working so it must be connected.

• Coldfreeze
    Like I said it's not software, everything looks fine and the mic itself is giving off no errors at all, the only thing it does not do is record any sound.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you highlight it and click set default?

What is your model number.

• sy187
    sy187 Member Posts: 6 New User

I have the same problem..its not giving any errors but it does not detect any sound at all

• Laladida83
    Laladida83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the exact same issue. Acer just replace the motherboard on my travelmate p455 as well. What OS are you using? I am using windows 10 and it shows a Realtek High Definition audio microphone that is enabled, set to default and it is not muted. All drivers are up to date. Troubleshooter says that it does not hear anything at all. I dont know what else to try, I really dont want to have to pay to ship it back to Acer again. Lol
    Hopefully we get an answer that works.
  • Laladida83
    Laladida83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the exact same issue. Acer just replace the motherboard on my travelmate p455 as well. What OS are you using? I am using windows 10 and it shows a Realtek High Definition audio microphone that is enabled, set to default and it is not muted. All drivers are up to date. Troubleshooter says that it does not hear anything at all. I dont know what else to try, I really dont want to have to pay to ship it back to Acer again. Lol
    Hopefully we get an answer that works.
  • Coldfreeze
    I use Windows 10, just the normal realtek audio driver. I have never found a fix, but the laptop has a mic/headset port meaning I can just put in my headset and I have a microphone. I have the instruction for my laptop but not for yours. In all honesty if you want it fixed, you'd have to contact Acer or try fixing it yourself.