Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

aspire 5600u ub25 upgrade ram

asmeltzasmeltz Posts: 6Member

I'm looking to upgrade my ram from 8GB to 16GB for my Aspire 5600U-UB25.  Where can I find instructions for installation?

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 7,000ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

Watch this video. You'll see the memory modules location.

• asmeltzasmeltz Posts: 6Member

I'm 100% sure that I can upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB.  The only issue is that I can't find this documented anywhere from Acer.  Will you please assist in finding this information?  Thank you

Hello,

I checked into my database. The official specifications are: Up to 8Gb but I found a memory module of 8Gb for the Aspire 5600U:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600 (Kingston)

So that means that certain models were shipped with more than 8Gb of memory.

Are you familiar with Crucial memory? "www.crucial.com" I ran their compatibility checker and it guaranteed that I can use 16GB(2x8GB).

Hello,

Yes. If their memory modules are not compatible, they will refund you so no risks. I would suggest you these ones.

Hello,

PNY give this part number for your AIO: MN8GSD31600. I hope yours will be compatible.

Everything fit, it took a few extra minutes to turn on but it did. I ran the memory diagnostic and it found no issues. It works great!! Do you know why Acer never sends any updates?

Hello,

Do you know why Acer never sends any updates?

Are you talking about Acer Care Center?

Just overall computer updates....drivers or enhancements. My computer is not eligible for the Acer Care Center. It did come with a pre installed app labeled "Acer Updates", but theirs no history.

Honestly I don't use Acer Care Center on my computers. I check the updates on the Acer support website (more sure). In your case, here is the link.