Fn key stopped working after cleaning out laptop reverted to old image still Fn dont work

MasterTulzMasterTulz Member Posts: 2

I opened my laptop to clean out dust and apply new thermal paste this went fine

after finishing and then putting my computer back toghether Fn was working windows updated then it didnt

Reverted back to an old image where launch manager was working but it still doesnt work

any ideas?

FAQ & Answers

• sharky25ksharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner

Hi,

For me it happened with the ctrl key, and the solution was to open the computer and disconnect and reconnect the keyboard flex cable.

I was also working inside the notebook (VN7-591G) and after putting it together the ctrl was working but after a while the it stopped working.It turned out that I didn't completely secured the flex cable when I closed the connector. It was quite interesting because the other keys were working.

You can try to see if this would solve your issue.

• MasterTulzMasterTulz Member Posts: 2

I just finished trying this method no luck Smiley Sad

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online638

Acer-Carsten
Acer-Carsten
Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Adriano21
Adriano21
Aleni
Aleni
AngelPerez
AngelPerez
Balticum
Balticum
bijay135
bijay135
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Cyriix
Cyriix
Daiky
Daiky
exxo_
exxo_
jrIII
jrIII
Kev0806
Kev0806
linda85
linda85
Osakushi
Osakushi
Oseiasfilho
Oseiasfilho
Ozie
Ozie
PaulK
PaulK
Quin_Armani
Quin_Armani
RAWAL
RAWAL
SAYEDUZZAMAN
SAYEDUZZAMAN
skitty
skitty
usama68
usama68
WilliamSoares
WilliamSoares
Zeiler
Zeiler
jrIII
jrIII
+612 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1311

Total Points:4252

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler