The fated blue screen, error code 0x000000225 :/

Options
TUNeuroNerd
TUNeuroNerd Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey all,

New to the forums here, hoping to find some kind soul to give me advice and/or a solution. I've had my Acer M5-583P-6428 for about 3 years. Up until this March, it had run incredibly well. High performance, great accessibility. No complaints.

Recently (last night), the Acer froze up on a Windows Automatic Updates procedure. It froze for about 30 minutes; I was forced to shut it down. On restart, the system seized itself into a repetitive "automatic repair loop." Apparently I was not the only one --> Microsoft alone has about 55,000 complaints related to the automatic repair mechanism failing for Windows 8 and 10.

Long story short, I followed steps from Microsoft to reboot the computer. I tried all of the following, to no avail:

1) Open in Safe Mode [Cannot access/won't allow me to do so]

2) Initiate System Restore from Command Prompt [Failed to complete each time]

3) Initiate System Refresh [Failed to complete each time]

4) Initiate Factory Reset [Failed to complete each time]

5) Following the advice of other Windows users, I used the command prompt to alter the System Registry and debug the corrupt file. The corrupt file, as it was for so many others, is /windows/system32/config/system. Attached with it is Error Code: 0xc0000225.

6) Following the advice of Windows users/moderators, I got the "automatic repair loop" to stop. This, however, did not fix the problem. I ran a scan of all disks, and no errors were found. I also attempted to alter the location certain files as they instructed; this only made things worse.

I am essentially left with no options. I am stuck on the blue screen, and it simple tells me to obtain Windows 8 recovery CD/DVD. I have no CD/DVD port on my Acer model; even with a USB, I have no access to a Windows computer to effectively download the recovery program and reboot. I am locked out of safe mode, any sort of restore/recovery, and only have access to the UEFI Console. I've tried loading the various booting mechanisms/methods, but nothing comes out. In this process, I lost the command prompt option and cannot get the Acer to restart and open up to it (or safe mode).

So, I turn to this community, desperate and having spent the past 12 hours on this (yes, I didn't really sleep last night). Again, to recap:

1) Recovery (blue) screen opens. "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

2) Only options it gives me are to "Try Again," F8 for Startup Options (none of which work), and ESC for UEFI settings (which altering has yielded nothing).

3) On each power up, it automatically sends to the blue screen.

Any advice appreciated. I'd hate to lose such an awesome gaming/grad school laptop. 2.5 years of ownership feels far too short. Windows is really the problem, but the their community was not helpful.

Brad

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Have you tried holding ALT + F-10 at start?

What do you mean by "and only have access to the UEFI Console"? The uefi bios?

• majmun
    majmun Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Download and win 7,8, 10 iso and use rufus to make bootable usb, or if you have dvd with windows, enter bios immediatly when it starts up, i think F2 and set boot priorit to usb or dvd and make clean instalation of windows, blue screen apperas probbaly due to some  bad driver or maybe something else, best thing you can do is install new windows.