Firmware updates for Iconia Talk S (A1-724)

Options
randchai
randchai Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Am just wondering why is this tablet still stuck on Andriod 4.4 and there have not been any firmware updates for this tablet ? With the 64-bit CPU on-board, it should be more than capable of handling Andriod 5.1.1 or Android 6.01 ?

Just disappointed with Acer's Android updating process....

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry, but I do not show we have an update planned for this device at this time. My information shows that Android 4.4 is the latest version we offer on this device. If an update becomes available, it will automatically be pushed to your device.

• randchai
    randchai Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the update. This will probably be the first and last time I'm going to buy an Acer device...!

• htetlin
    htetlin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

thank you bro

• Chuchat123588
    Chuchat123588 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Now my android 4.4.4  Slowly

randchai wrote:

Am just wondering why is this tablet still stuck on Andriod 4.4 and there have not been any firmware updates for this tablet ? With the 64-bit CPU on-board, it should be more than capable of handling Andriod 5.1.1 or Android 6.01 ?

Just disappointed with Acer's Android updating process....

• Ritnaphon
    Ritnaphon Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    แล้วจะแก้ไขอย่างไร เครื่องรุ่นนี้เล่น Line ไม่ได้ acer i 724 บอกด่วน

[Edit: How to fix it? This machine does not play acer i 724 Express Line. - Acer-Jose]
  • Ritnaphon
    Ritnaphon Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    เครื่องรุ่นนี้ เวลาชาร์จ ทำไมตรงแถวด้านบนเครื่องถึงร้อน จะแก้ไขอย่างไร

[Edited to add English: This time, the charger straight up the top of the machine. How to fix? - Acer-Jose]