Acer R7-372t / R7-371t - anyone know what version the HDMI port is and max resolution supported?

DAlchemist
DAlchemist Member Posts: 9 New User

Right now the Acer r7-372t is on my short list... if acer would actually get their thunderbolt gaming dock available for sale I would likely have one already but for now its watch and wait...  but...  I'm a developer and use an external 39" TV as a monitor from time to time and curious if this model would handle 4k output at 30hz.  I know the 6500u's GPU has the ability... just not sure about the port hardware... either in the notebook itself or the dock once it sees the light of day.   HDMI 1.4 should do it,  just no info anywhere on hdmi version on the acer. 

Thanks,

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It has to be at least 1.4.

From the manual

HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) interface support HDMI with 3D, 4Kx2K@24HZ, deep color, and x,v,color.

• DAlchemist

Thanks,  although 24hz is low, would have preferred 30hz.   Ideally I could get more than that with the Acer Graphics Dock.   If/Win that thing ever sees the light of day.  I thought it would have been out by now. 

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I wonder if the Thunderbolt 3 port/USB-C port thing is holding it up.

Read the comments at this Italian video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FbKmGNSvM

And this

http://www.cnet.com/news/thunderbolt-3-and-usb-type-c-join-forces-for-one-port-to-rule-them-all/

• DAlchemist

It could be... its all new tech, yet old tech in a way.  Still PCIe,  just over thunderbolt3 instead of a port.   But it does require updated nVidia drivers and i'm sure there is a lot of software 'glue' that holds everything together. 

I wish Acer was better with their messaging and release info...  pretty much retailers are like... stuff shows up, we sell it, no idea when or whats coming.