problems with acer web camera

blake
blake Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I have an Aspire 5250. I would like to know if anyone knows how to get the acer web camera to go to resolutionn higher than 640 x 480? Also, to get it to go to auto on the web cam properties; advanced? I cannot. and it says i have the latest drivers on this. thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The webcam in the Aspire 5250 is a 0.3 Megapixel camera. I don't believe you will get better than 640 x 480 resolution. 

• blake

then how can i put it in auto mode?

for some reason the cyberlink software for this camera is not allowing me to put in auto mode.

I wanted to update the driver but it will not.

any solutions?

• philetus

The actual camera driver is Microsoft. The Crystal Eye software is just a program.

If you try to update the driver in Device Manager, it will tell you the best driver is already installed.

I know you can adjust the resolution in programs like Skype, but you won't get any more than what it supports.

I have been fooling with the Crystal Eye on my Aspire 5250 and 640 x 480 is all we're going to get.

If you click on the wrench, there is Live Update. There doesn't seem to be any way to set any thing to auto, unless it allows changes in a program like Skype.

• blake

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Hope you can help me with another problem. I have an Acer Aspire One: AOD15 (KAV10). In the device

manager under the   IDE ATA/ATAPI controller (Imaging Device is not there). How can I get this back? Without

this my camera will not work and will not be recognize. Can you please help me out? Yes, it is connected. It is a Liteon. Could my camera need replaceing? I have tried for 1 month trying to get this back and nothing. thanks           

• philetus

Download Belarc Advisor  and run it as Administrator. See if it shows the camera under "Other Devices".

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

• BjpWsMXX
    BjpWsMXX Member Posts: 1 New User

I dont even have that Crystal eye software.When I want to install it installation process tells me that i dont have camera. How to fix that ?!!