My Acer tablet will not charge, it was on charge all day and still only showed 1%

Options
RONNIE76
RONNIE76 Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer tablet will not charge, it was on charge all day and still only showed 1%. I tried a number of different charges and it does not seem to register that it is connected. In the end I used a usb and tried to charge it through my Acer notebook, it was on all night but still only shows 30% and will not move from there.

It is under a year old but was a gift and I have no idea where they got it from.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Turn it off

connect the charger

check if it starts to charge

if it charges, let it do until it's fully charged then disconnect it and power it on

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SandraG8
    SandraG8 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have the same issue... I've had my Acer tablet for about 1.5 years. The battery issue started a few weeks ago, out of the blue.Tried different chargers, outlets, no go. What is currently helping somewhat is charging it via my laptop computer at night. Best is to power off the tablet. In the morning the charge is anywhere between 45% to 99%. Unfortunately the battery might be dying out. I was told by Best buy geek squad that the battery is not easily available if you choose to replace it, you just need to preorder it. Somewhere else i read that the battery for my Acer A830 is not even replaceable. I might end up getting a new tablet. I also note that the battery is now discharging much faster than before. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,948 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like you have covered the basics though there is one more thing I'd try. The fast chargers, like your original charger, do some special stuff on the microUSB in order to allow the higher amperage. If something is broken in that circuit it will never charge any better than you are getting by connecting to a PC USB port. Try the same procedure, by shutting the tablet down fully then connect the charger and let it sit overnight. If it charges the same as the PC connection then we can look more into the circuit. If nothing happens then we'l need to think about the relative costs of a new battery vs a new tablet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.