Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire V5-573 bios problem

hdnauthhdnauth Posts: 4Member
edited February 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming

hello,

last weekend, I tried to update bios of my laptop (Aspire V5-573), with newer(?) version (2.30) which downloaded from Acer homepage. when I run the update excutable, I saw the version number of which I used is 2.11.

However, after the execution of the update program (executed on windows 10), My laptop can not boot into windows, even can not enter BIOS setting with showing only "Default Boot Device Missing or boot failed Insert recovery media and hit any key Then select boot manager to choose a new boot device to boot or recovery media." After selecting OK button, there are no option I can select.

In previous questions here, some answers are using BIOS recovery with raw bios image file, but I can not find any image file for me on the web.

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,343ACE Trailblazer

so if you press F2 at boot you are not able to enter BIOS?

if you press Alt+F10, are you able to enter windows recovery?

if you are able to enter recovery, follow this steps to enter BIOS (from step 3):

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5831-uefi-firmware-settings-boot-inside-windows-10-a.html

if this option is missing, probably your BIOS reverted to Legacy.

the only way to have access to BIOS, in this case, is to open the bottom cover of your laptop, disconnect the HDD, then boot to BIOS pressing F2 without the HDD, set UEFI, then press F10 to save and exit.

put back the HDD and power on your device.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hdnauthhdnauth Posts: 4Member
    thanks, ItonFly
    Currently I can not enter BIOS by pressing F2.
    Let me do as your comment.Then, Can I use my windows10 which installed on the HDD?

if you mean to enter recovery, yes you can, if the system is able to read the recovery partition.

if not, you can also try with a windows 10 bootable media:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

The problem is not solved yet.
    Even when the HDD is removed, I can not enter the BIOS setup menu, and only the "Default Boot Device Missing or boot failed..." message is shown. It seems that the BIOS is currupted.
    Accepted Answer

check your Private messages

My laptop is recovered safely.

Thanks!

(for anyone who has same problem, the BIOS is recovered using crisis USB disk)

you welcome Smiley Happy

• FreddDaggFreddDagg Posts: 1Member

Hi would you be able to provide the Crisis Disk Bios Recovery instructions for an Aspire 5685 please?

• cherowlcherowl Posts: 3Member New User
    I have the same problem, entering in bios by f2 is available. What should l do next?
    Hi, l have the same problem as hdnauth. Entering bios by f2 is available, can you give me some recomendations concerning next actions? Working in windows 7, there is also the second os - ubuntu 16.04
    Hi, l have the same problem as hdnauth. Entering bios by f2 is available, can you give me some recomendations concerning next actions? Working in windows 7, there is also the second os - ubuntu 16.04