Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.

urlmurlm Member Posts: 13

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.

That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.

I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.

It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.

What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page.

if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery?

Which windows OS version is installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • urlmurlm Member Posts: 13

Yes, it says "HDD Model Name:" and then the name.

When I press Alt+f10 it only says "Setup Confirmation: Save configuration changes and exit now? Yes/no" and if I hit yes it just looks like it's about to boot again before it goes back to the exact same spot, frozen again.

I have Windows 10 installed.

• urlmurlm Member Posts: 13

For some odd reason, on a third attempt, pressing f12 and hitting the only boot option available, got me to a screen where I could reformat the entire computer, deleting all its files. As it was a new computer I just wiped the whole thing clean and it's now working great, much better than when it was new because it also got rid of all the useless commercial software that it came with.

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer
    Good to hear it.
    I'm not an Acer employee.