Touchpad not working in Windows 8.1

j_richmond
j_richmond Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an ES1-512 laptop and when I first got it the touchpad worked fine. I then started using a Microsft Wireless mouse and now the touchpad doesn't work. There is no driver installed for it and it doesn't appear in the device manager. If I do a search for new hardware it is not detected. I tried the fn f7 but this did not help. I tried using Acer Recovery but the touchpad is not listed so I can't load the driver. I even checked the website and again no driver for the touchpad. I have run out of ideas.

Answers

• Moresby
    Moresby Member Posts: 29 New User

This may sound silly.  Because it's the first thing most would do.  But you didn't mention it.

Did you check settings to make sure the touchpad is enabled?  You may have turned it off when setting up the mouse.

To access settings in Win 8.1 it's Windows Key + C.  Or you can getting there by swiping right and bringing up the charms.

• j_richmond
    j_richmond Member Posts: 3 New User

Actually the touchpad was not seen by the systen and did not show up in device manager or settings. I reloaded the Intel system drivers and that fixed it.

• Moresby
    Moresby Member Posts: 29 New User

Great to hear.  I'm glad your problem is resolved.