Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer E1-531-2697 Screen Flickering Problem!!

Ok so my acer laptop started flickering.

Everytime i move the screen back and fourth it flickers.

Sometimes i can get it in the spot were it will stay on for a few minutes.

Now i cant get the screen to stay on it just flickers.

I heard that my laptop does not have an inverter cable in the screen but im not sure about that.

This laptop is out of warranty. Can somebody tell me what needs to be replaced?

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,023ACE Trailblazer

can be a loose video cable in the back of LCD panel or from the motherboard.

you can google to find some infos on how to open your laptop:

e1-531 fan cleaning

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ricoh15ricoh15 Posts: 8Member

Fan cleaning? What..

Im watching a How to  Replace the screen on my E1-531 but were is the back of the lcd panel?

fan cleaning are just a reference to find a video on how to open your laptop. Smiley Happy

ok, your video is better, look at 7:30 you will notice the LCD back and a ribbon cable on the bottom of it, this is the cable you need to check it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,783ACE Pathfinder

Watch this video.

ribbon cable? Is it white? I cant see in that video because the quality is horrible!

This is a video with much better quality.

Can you tell me what part of the video shows the cable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_4j3QVxWlc&nohtml5=False

the one is disconnecting at 7:22

He isnt disconnecting a wire at 7:22 He was trying to lift up something.

Can you please tell me the correct part for the wire so i can see? Is it the white wire going all around the screen?!

man...really?

from 7:22 he's taking off the tape that fix the cable you need to have a look to, at 7:43 he disconnect the video cable.

I got to the back of the screen, I undid the video card thing and i stuck it back in and i have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,783ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

You have to replace the LCD panel (the inverter is defective). Here is a compatible part (yours is glossy).

Are you sure? So basically your telling me that the symptoms only point to a faulty inverter?

You can try an external monitor, if this doesn't flicker, it's an issue on the integrated monitor.
    If the cable is ok...you don't have much more things to fix.

So this will tell me if the cable is ok?

How do i do this?, all i have is another laptop

Is the integrated monitor the laptop that im having problems with it?

On your laptop you have 3 things to check to fix your issue:
    VGA
    Video cable
    Monitor

Connecting to an external monitor and seeing no flickerin, this will exclude a VGA issue.

Disconnecting, reseating and moving the video cable will help you understand if there are issues on it, still flickering? Cable probably is not the culprit.

So only the laptop monitor inverter or LCD panel will remain.