Iconia tab 10 A3-A20 won't charge.

doudadx89
doudadx89 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello, my tablet was working fine for a year and suddenly won't charge up.

When plugged in while turned off, the screen will power up, showing the empty battery icon then another icon with a low battery and a power plug.

Then the screen will turn off and start over alterning both icons and so on.

I have tried different cables / power plug and the same thing happens no matter what.

I have cleaned the usb connector in the tablet to make sure it wasn't some dust. 

When using the original usb / micro usb cable to try and recharge it, the cable wiggles a bit in the socket of the tablet. Although, when using a different one, it stays in place nicely.

If anyone has an idea as to what to do next.

Thanks.

IMG_0574.JPGIMG_0575.JPG

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Can be a faulty battery controller or the battery itself, in my opinion only a service center can fix it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • doudadx89

Waiting for the shop to repair it, I'll keep you guys posted when it's fixed as to what was causing it.

• itechuk12
    itechuk12 Member Posts: 3 New User
    This has happened to my tablet as well, what do you think the problem is? Did you get your tablet repaired?
    Please it is very important
  • doudadx89

Still waiting for them to fix it, they changed the connector and apparently it still had trouble charging, so they are investigating.

I'll keep you posted.

• itechuk12
    itechuk12 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, is your tablet fixed yet?

• doudadx89

After a long wait, it seems the battery is faulty, not making proper charge cycles.

Not repaired yet, I'll post back when I have it back.

• rustytwig
    rustytwig Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem Tried various chargers and only charging to 13%. I then hooked it up to a regulated power supply at 5v and it charged OK overnight.

• tomsepins
    tomsepins Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. I still have the problem. How did you fix this. Already tried al sort of chargers and still the same image on screen empty battery with charging cord. Sorry my English
    In portuguese
  • doudadx89

Mine never got repaired, the connector change didn't work, then they lost the original charger, then changed the battery but somehow the motherboard didn't charge. I gave up on it. Hope you find a way to repair it.

• MaeNalysis
    MaeNalysis Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem, did you get it fixed?