Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Acer logo appears then act like it's froze please he

abbyredbird
abbyredbird Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.

Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything.

• jhacking
    jhacking Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same issue. I tried the reset as you suggested, no change.

• philetus

Can you access the F-12 boot menu by tapping F-12 at start?

• jhacking
    jhacking Member Posts: 2 New User
    Nope, F12 does nothing
  • philetus

I think the problem could be the HDD. Many of them that hang at the logo are failed HDD's It's very easy to get to.

Watch the video and stop it at 1:49. The black rectangle is the HDD. Use something non-marring to pop it open, not a steel knife like this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYCpUMHf7I

Hopefully you made your backup Recovery drive.

• charander
    charander Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi ,mine is doing the same thing? They say to rest but I am unable to find it the  reset button . Can someone Please help.