G9-791 Backlight dimming on dark scenes

MadsNielsen
MadsNielsen Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys n' girls,

Just bought a G9-791-7613, which I am pretty happy with.

BUT!!
I have this problem where the backlight dimms according to what is displayed on the screen. If the window is dark (like this forum) it dimms the backlight significantly, and it brightens up when lighter content is displayed, Google for example. It slowly fades over a duration of 8-10 sec if I change tabs from a dark website to a lighter one (or the other way round Smiley Tongue).

I find this very annoying, and I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to disable this feature..

Any ideas ?
I searched Google, but only found references to adaptive backlight, where it adjusts to ambient light. I checked, but I don't even have this feature, so that's not the issue Smiley Happy

I'm kinda' desperate since I can't really use it for my graphics work when the brightness and contrast keep jumping around when panning or zooming in and out Smiley Tongue

(EDIT: Forgot to say, this happens only on battery power, regardles of the power plan selected)

Best regards
Mads

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi MadsNielsen,

There is an advanced power setting option that I'd just like to double check.

• Power Options
    • Edit Plan Settings
    • Change advanced power settings
    • Under Power Options locate Display
    • There is an option for Enable adaptive brightness

You should be able to turn that off for both power and battery, but that's what it sounds like you're dealing with. I'm not sure how it got turned one, at least the G9-591 I have doesn't have it enabled.

Cory

• ChevyCam94
    ChevyCam94 Member Posts: 178 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Ive tried that.  I have the same laptop.  ALL of mine have adaptive brightness turned OFF, yet the problem still persists!  So thats not going to solve it.  Any other ideas?

• BarrryB
    BarrryB Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same issue intermittently.

I found the following suggestion in a different post that you may try:

Its actually part of the Intel HD Graphics options. Try this:
    Right click on the desktop, and go to "Graphics Properties". From there select "Power", then "On Battery". There should be an option for "Display Power Saving Technology". Hit DISABLE. Save and exit.

Please let us know if this works for you.

• ChevyCam94
    ChevyCam94 Member Posts: 178 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

From what I can tell, this worked.  Cant believe I didnt see that option.  Seems to be working so far.  Will test out over the next few days.