Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

acer aspire R11 keyboard not working

i have an acer aspire R11. it is only 4months old and rarely used. Turned it on the other day and out of the blue the keyboard and mousepad wont work at all. the mousepad did and I tried to update and restart and then the mousepad wouldnt work either. Could i have accidentally locked it or done something in the setting??? HELP Please!!!

Best Answer

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

The battery reset pinhole is located on the bottom of the laptop and marked with this symbol AC-BRP.

Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,297ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

The battery reset pinhole is located on the bottom of the laptop and marked with this symbol AC-BRP.

• jpitzljpitzl Posts: 2Member

WORKED!! Your awesome thanks. The battery was fully charged so didnt even give it a thought.

• dev1walkerdev1walker Posts: 1Member

This worked for me also.  When I went to login on my computer, my keyboard wasn't working.  So I went to the Ease of Access icon and clicked on "On Screen Keyboard" to login.  I then googled my problem and this page came up.  If anyone is having the same problem, this should fix it like it did mine!

• MimisssMimisss Posts: 3Member
    An excellent step by step solution. It is the only real answer to the specific problem in the whole internet. It is a bonus for Acer that it is found in their forums. Thank you very much.
  • James-R-BJames-R-B Posts: 1Member

Same problem for me - one day the keyboard was working fine the next day it wasn't.

I tried everything I could think of to fix it and was about to take it in for repair when I saw this post.

Tried your method and it worked perfectly.

Great advice thanks for sharing your knowledge!!

• RR_NathanRR_Nathan Posts: 1Member

It was a great help. I struggled for half a day and was about to take my laptop to the service center, when I saw this post and tried it. It worked perfectly! Thanks a ton.