Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

e5-471G-5763 touchpad is freezing

sy187sy187 Posts: 6Member New User

i only noticed it now because i mostly use mouse but when im not this is a huge problem, i have to press Fn+F7 to disable/enable touchpad again and it works for a few minutes and back to freezing again..it randomly occurs thats why its bothersome.

FAQ & Answers

• benton582benton582 Posts: 213Member Enthusiast

-First, try installing Acer Quickstart, it gives a option to modify the touchpad controls on start up. Download Acer Quickstart This is offical software, source: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/software-windowstools

If that doesn't work, move to option two.

-This can be a driver problem, so just install Acer drivers from the offical site. You might want to uninstall the drivers in your computer completely.

• sy187sy187 Posts: 6Member New User

I already have the quickaccess v2 and it doesnt have options for touchpad and installed this one too (quickaccess v1) also no touchpad options.

I'll try uninstalling drivers IO--still the same

anyway how do i uninstall completely the synaptics drivers...uninstalling from device manager seems not so complete to me.

• sy187sy187 Posts: 6Member New User

additional info: I have an Ubuntu 15.04 dual boot and tried precision touchpad without any issues.