Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. (windows 10)

leochern
leochern Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, 

I purchase this Acer Aspire E 15, model E5,573G-76NF,  in Singapore June 2015. This laptop come with a Windows 8 and I subsequently upgrade it into Windows 10 when it launched. 

This works well for a few months until 2 months ago it started showing this blue screen of 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart'.

Yesterday, I faced this issue again and NO LONGER can get into the desktop screen.

Here are the situation, once startup, the screen with ACER logo came alive, after running, next screen appear is this blue screen. After it restarted, under the acer logo, a "Preparing Automatic Repair" will appear, next screen appear again to the deadly bluescreen "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.". 

Under the message, here are the list of issue which appear randomly on the blue screen after numerous restart:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (rdyboost.sys)

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Since purchase, there was no CD provided, I have prepare a USB flash drive, using MediaCreationTool.exe from Microsoft website to create installation media, enabling me to boot. However, this does not worked.

Next, I use a windows 10 CD rom to boot the laptop, same issue, it doesnt work.

Next, I try press Alt+F10 when boot, under the Acer logo, it appears "Please Wait", next blue screen again restarted. After that it will appear the Acer logo with a 'Dotted Circling' sign spining clockwise non-stop, nothing happens. 

Can anyone please advise solve this issue? Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you press Alt+F10 at boot, are you able to enter windows recovery?

to be able to boot from USB or DVD, enable F12 boot menu on BIOS, then at next boot press F12 and choose your bootable media.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • leochern

Thank IronFly, 

I forgot to mention have tried that method too. I try press Alt+F10 when boot, under the Acer logo, it appears "Please Wait", next blue screen again restarted. After that it will appear the Acer logo with a 'Dotted Circling' sign spining clockwise non-stop, nothing happens. 

Or should I wait for 'something' to happens? Should I do it while having the Windows 10 CD inserted and boot device set as from  CD ROM as priority.

Very much appreciated!

• IronFly

ok Alt+F10 not working, with F12 boot menu enabled on BIOS, i would try to boot from windows 10 DVD and if you are able to boot, try to fix startup repair or do a windows 10 refresh.

if your laptop still do blue screen...if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call, there's something wrong hardware side.

• leochern

Thank IronFly, 

I guess the best solution is "if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call, there's something wrong hardware side."Smiley Very Happy

My laptop is still under warranty, I guess I have no choice but to send for warranty. Reason I try to solve it myself as there are confidential information in the laptop.Smiley Sad

Oww.. thanks !

• IronFly
    You welcome.

Be sure that Acer's tech will have no time nor interest to look at your personal data. Smiley Happy