CPU stuck at 0.78GHz [VN7-591G]

Options
2»

Answers

• Anees
    Anees Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi! Guys...

i had the same issue. I had fixed it and run the CPU stress test several times using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility... my cpu is stable with the temperatures within the safe range.

The culprit for the issue is Acer ePower Management. Uninstall this and use the windows power management in W10. 

I believe that due to improper shutdowns, sudden sleep and wake due to battery drain the software settings get corrupted and causing this issue. 

Now my system back to normal, no lag in the games due cpu throttle down or overheating.

Good Luck Guys.
  • Anees
    Anees Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After uninstalling the app. Change your power setting from high to balance or balance to high. Just to clear all your previous settings. 
  • tomasnosek
    tomasnosek Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem appeared week ago. I´ve never had epower management installed and nothing helps. It started few days after i plugged in an HDMI display, but i dont know if it´s related. Based on research on web i believe its an hardware issue, a malfunction of some sensor which is responsible for watching temperature. I saw several solutions, but they were related to pc motherboards and UEFI settings, or a BIOS update provided by vendor. Sadly, it seems Acer has no fix for us yet.
  • Furlings
    Furlings Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @tomasnosek This worked for me, my CPU runs full speed again :) I have been trying for months, nothing worked, I did EVERYTHING... I never thought it was my CPU which caused the problem, at first I thought the GPU, then the networkcard, but it was de CPU and the solution is to uncheck one thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypmC_CJ_P88 
  • Furlings
    Furlings Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    The only problem is that it won't memorize this change after a reboot.
  • ciricuervo
    ciricuervo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I also have a Aspire VN7-591G and today I faced the same issue, one minute after booting the CPU freq was stuck at 0.78 GHz or 789 Mhz.

The only solution I found was to update BIOS version to last one as of today: v1.17 (note: it requires Windows to execute, didn't try it on Ubuntu with wine)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5614?b=1

Now it is back to normal :-)
  • ciricuervo
    ciricuervo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have a Aspire VN7-591G and today I faced the same issue, one minute after booting the CPU freq was stuck at 0.78 GHz or 789 Mhz.

The only solution I found was to update BIOS version to last one as of today: v1.17 (note: it requires Windows to execute, didn't try it on Ubuntu with wine)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5614?b=1

Now it is back to normal :-)
    I guess it's not a final solution :/ problem comes up from time to time.