Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back. What can I do to fix this?

tpoulettetpoulette Posts: 1Member

My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back.  What can I do to fix this?

FAQ & Answers

• benton582benton582 Posts: 213Member

Go buy a new one. Such as from Amazon, and cut it to a size of your liking. Or ask Acer support if they can find you one.

• herrroherrro Posts: 1Member

I also have this issue.  I work in a school district with about 1200 Chromebooks.  Sometimes students like to pick at them.  I have used a heat gun to put them back in place but, be careful not to melt the casing or keys.

It would be nice if Acer would sell these.  I found them on Amazon for $9 each.  That seems to be a bit excessive.

How about it Acer?

• Russ_BRuss_B Posts: 1Member

I had been buying the $9 replacement stickers on Amazon, but they have been unavailible for some time now. Does anyone else have another source for these stickers? Or Does anyone happen to know the type of material they were cut from. I don't mind cutting my own from a bigger sheet with a pair of sciccors if I have to. Paying $9 was a lot better than $40+ to replace the enitre trackpad, our students won't stop picking at them.