Acer Predator G3620 doesn't boot / stopped working

toneato
toneato Member Posts: 15 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

Hey, i got this Computer from a friend who doesn't need it any more. I haven't had a real PC in 6 years. Always used a Laptop with Linux, didn't see a Windows OS since 7. (i don't know **bleep** about hardware stuff) So, i got it home, bootet it and everything works fine. Ran a couple of benchmarks for the video card, checked if everything was ok. It had Win8.1 installed. His old **bleep** is all over that thing, so format everything / install Win10!

I startet the installation of Win10 within Win8.1 because somehow it wouldn't start from USB at boot. So the PC copied something, i canceled it bacause i couldn't choose my language and tried to boot from USB again, but it didn't work. So i hold the Power button until the PC turns of, press it again and nothing. (The usb stick with Win10 works fine, used it to install Win10 on my girls laptop last week.)

No display output, no Acer Logo, no boot screen of any sort. The fans all run (Processor, GPU, Case). On the power button there is a little circle indicator thing. When i press the power button, it is blue for like 5 seconds and then it turns off and nothing happens. The power sign just stays orange!

The numlock lights doesn't turn on, the mouse led stuff doesn't turn on.

There is a SSD with 16GB in it, but the Windows files are all on one 500GB Partition.

Don't really know what to do, please help me :-)

Specs: Acer Aspire G3620 (AG3620_H) Predator SNID:24100255718, Core i7-3770, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 16GB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 7770

STUFF I TRIED:

Turn it off for half an hour, turn back on. Same issue.

Turned it off, took the RAM GPU and BIOS battery out, waited for 15 minutes, all back in. Still the same.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

looks something related to mainboard, i suggest you to update BIOS by the way, so if it's something related to it, it can be fixed.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

Have you disconnected AC power cable too when you disconnected the CMOS battery (BIOS battery)?

if not, try again:

disconnect AC power cable

take off CMOS battery

press power button twice

wait 5 minute

put CMOS battery back

unplug CD/DVD

plug power cable

boot pressing Del

check if you are able to enter BIOS (obvious you need the VGA card plugged Smiley Happy

• toneato

Hi, yes i had the AC unplugged. I only took the VGA out because i couldn't reach the CMOS battery otherwise. I did what you mentioned step by step, i don't get any video output. Same issue!

• toneato

UPDATE:

I bootet the PC today, and it worked. At the beginning it gave me some CMOS battery error, i pressed F1 to continue and everything bootet like it should. I looked everything up, all works fine... I shut the thing down, wanted to boot it up again and now it is the same all over again!

• IronFly

check CMOS battery voltage, if it's under 2.7V, buy a new one.

• toneato

Didn't check, dont have a tool for that. I just bought a new one, nothing has changed. Still not output whatsoever!

• IronFly

Have you tried to take off the VGA card and connect your monitor using VGA or HDMI connection from the mainboard?

• toneato

Yes, they were closed but i took the "caps" off and tried that. I don't think that the graphics card is damaged. I mean it worked, and it did work today in the morning. And when the system bootet up this morning i checked the hardware, everything runs fine... No errors or something. This one is really strange. Maybe the motherboard has some weird error. It almost looks like that thing is booting into sleep mode or something.

• toneato

So, i am working on my laptop and the PC kept turning its fans, and all of the sudden, an ACER logo.

Somehow it works. This is the same screen it had earlier in the morning today. I pressed F1 and it bootet right into Windows.

IMG_20160329_222608.jpg

Dont know why it is turned to the side, its not on my picture...

What should i do?

• IronFly

Instead of pressing F1, enter BIOS pressing Del then press F10 to save and exit or this error will appear at each boot.

check also date and time on BIOS and update it if needed

• toneato

So, i changed the date and time in BIOS, changed the boot order and put in the USB Stick with Win10. It is installing at the moment. I just hope this doesn't happen again.

Any idea what that was, or is?

• toneato

So, installation finished and it is all the same all over again. The installation startet at boot, i formatted the hard drive, installed Win10 and he went on to reboot. And now all the same again. WTF is this? I asked my buddy about it, he never experienced this...

• IronFly

try to use only one ram module.

• toneato

Nothing. Switched them around, used one, used botch switched. I also disconnected the 16GB SSD and connected only the normal HD, didn't do anything.

This is some sort of Boot Loop right?

• IronFly
    Boot loop is when it restarts itself continuosly.
    Strange issue to be honest, try to disconnect the DVD reader too but i doubt it will fix it, seems more a motherboard issue.
  • toneato

So, its morning again. I disconnected AC over the night, everything else is like it was. DVD connected, RAM, everything. I didn't take the CMOS battery out over night. It works, currently im bootet into Win10. Maybe i can do some diagnostics from here?

• toneato

So, i let Win10 do its updates, and i wont restart the computer yet. I downloaded CPU-Z, and checked the BIOS Version. On the ACER homepage, there is a newer one, so im gonna do a BIOS update, and the restart the Computer. As soon as the updates are done!

• IronFly
    What's the actual BIOS version?
  • toneato

P11-A0

Which one do i get though?

This one?

BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) P11.B1

I got Win10, not 8. There is another one to download

BIOS P01.A2

but that one is namen P01, not P11.

• IronFly
    If this PC had win8.1 from factory, take P11.B1
  • toneato

Hey, so i didn't do the BIOS update, the Computer did a lot of updates, i installed a lot of software and rebootet multiple times. I shut the thing down, startet again. Everything worked fine. So i thought, maybe it fixed whatever what was wrong with it. I didn't disconnect the AC over night, and this morning everything is back to the old ways. No bootup, strange on off patterns. I just can't figure it out. This must be a motherboard issue right? Just as if the BIOS sometimes boots up, and sometimes doesn't.