Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

R3-471T sd card reader not working

Can't seem to get my SD card reader working on my R3-471T. Running Windows 10 (all updates installed) and also installed the latest card driver from the Acer website. Any ideas how to get this to work?

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus Posts: 4,428ACE Pathfinder

If it has been open slot for a while, it could have dust in it. Blow it out and try it.

Go to Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus Controllers and see if Card Reader is there, Has a yellow exclaimation mark.

Double click it, choose driver/ Uninstall and checkmark delete software.

Install this Driver

CardReaderGenesysCard Reader Driver4.3.2.210.1 MB2014/10/08Download
  • gerhardgirkgerhardgirk Posts: 4Member New User

Unfortunatly no luck, the device doesn't even show up - so also no yellow exclamation mark... Installed the latest as well as the provided driver, restarted multiple times but the device just seems not to be recongnized.

Capture.PNG

Right click on and uninstall all the USB Hubs and composits and reboot.Windows will reinstall them.

• gerhardgirkgerhardgirk Posts: 4Member New User

No luck, it did reinstall all the Hubs but not the SD card reader Smiley Sad

Any other steps I could take? Appreciate your help.

Capture.PNG

One last try. See if it will let you install this chipset driver from Lenovo. Same chipset.