X34 when playing a game there is a "G-SYNC ON" text on left side of screen?

Options
Rebel230
Rebel230 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi, all of a sudden when I launch a game a large font G-SYNC ON test pops up on left side of my screen and does not go away. I have the OD set to OFF, and the OSD timer to 10. I am not sure what started this all of a sudden or how to just get the message off my screen.

Again its not there when I am just using the PC normmally like at mu desktop, using internet etc only when  game launches. It is happening in GW2 and DCUO. I looked in the nVidia control panel but nothing stood out at the cause.

Any help would be appreciated. My X34 was manufactured in Feb 2016, not sure if the OSD menus are the same.

Thank you again.

Answers

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User
    Options

i think what you inadvertantly did was turn on the gsync indicator in nvidia control panel. go to nvidia control panel, go to gsync, along the top as i remember you can turn on or turn off the gsync osd.

• Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

You can do the following steps to turn this off:

• Right click on your desktop
    • Select NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Select "Display" on the top tool bar (not on the left-menu)
    • Deselect "G-SYNC Indicator"
  • DonCorneo
    DonCorneo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Same thing for my XB271HU.

I Kudo'd you for this because though I did turn it on, not realizing what I was turning on, you were 100% correct. I was searching for the fix and must thank you for your post. It needs to be marked as the solution for this.