Have C720, getting new Chromebox CXI2-I38GKM. How do I transfer documents on the C720 to Chromebox?

Options
eddie_willers
eddie_willers Member Posts: 4 New User

Getting new Chromebox this Friday. How do I transfer documents from my 2 year old C720 to the new box?

TIA

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Tia,

I would recommend using Google drive for things like photos/video etc... As for everything else, most of what you you do on your C720 is already going to come right over to the Chromebox. When you sign in with the same account, the Chromebox will start installing the extensions and settings that you have established on your C720. It's one of the more convenient features out there in my opinion.

Cory

• eddie_willers
    Options

I'm wondering about things I DL'd to the C720. Are they still in the cloud as well as on the HDD of the C720? I'll know tomorrow and am very excited about getting what should be a screamingly fast box.

BTW, I scratched my head when you addressed me as 'Tia".  Then I saw that you got that from my sign-off that meant Thanks In Advance, LOL. Man Very Happy

Take care,

eddie

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Sorry eddie,

I guess it's true what they say about assuming... Smiley Happy

There are some things you can do to a Chromebook to store files locally, but by default, everything is stored on the cloud. I suspect that it will be there when you log in to the Chromebox.

Cory

• eddie_willers
    Options

I'll let you know after I install it today (if Amazon succeeds on their 2 day delivery promise  Smiley Happy)

• eddie_willers
    Options

Hooked up. Took about a full half-hour for everything to repopulate and everything seems to be as it was on the old Chromebook.

Most cookies moved over, but I have had to sign in to many (but not all) websites. Other customizations (such as font size etc.) had to be redone. But all in all, to get a new computer up and running and doing exactly what you want it to do in less that an hour is a joy.

See ya

• Cory-Acer
    Options

Great to hear. It is certainly one of the great advantages of the Chrome OS and how well Google has improved that user experience moving from device to device. You can see a lot of other OS's bringing these types of features into their products, which is good for everyone.

Cory