Aspire VN7-572G program DPI/Scaling Issue

Options
Mirthel
Mirthel Member Posts: 2 New User

So, I have a annoying problem.

I bought my Acer VN7 about a month ago. And since I got it I started notecing that some programs that I installed had the wrong "resolution/DPI" the native resolution is 1920x1080.

At first I couldn't be botherd with the "bug" but the more I use the laptop it bothers me more and more. Everything looks blurry. 

So I started looking into it, I started with updating all drivers (hoping it would fix it), fixed some, now the start menu and chrome looks right, but Steam Uplay and all the "installers" still have the wrong DPI.

So I googled some, and found that this has been a issue for some laptops since like 2013. And the only fix I found is that I have to go into compatibly mode on every program and check the "don't change DPI on big resolutions" 

But I shouln't have to do that on every single new program I install. 

I wanna know what wierd setting this laptop comes with to do this, I have never had this problem ever. And my stationay computer don't do this, and I have intel and nvidia on that PC to. 

SO! can anyone here enlighten me with a permanent fix?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I don't know if any of this will help.

check the security tab of the folder properties includes "Everyone" and it is set to full permissions on C:\programdata\Nvidia Corporation and all subfolders and files.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/3362/can-i-change-the-resolution-from-outside-the-game/kA030000000eScTCAU

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/124498-13-assassins-creed-resolution

• Mirthel
    Mirthel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply, sadly that folder have all the permissions it needs. 

but I don't think it's the nvidia card that is causing the problems, rather the Intel card (along with som register post) Is my guess.

The problem isn't in the games, it's more over all in the windows operating system. 

I have taken a screenshot here to try to demonstrate the issue. 

if you compare the sharpness in the title of the window, compared the the menu and the list of devices. You can see that the menu, icons and the text seem a bit "blurry" and the text seem more fat.

This is the problem. It goes for a lot of programs and like everytime I copy files, install programs etc. this is basicly how the windows look. the "title bar" is often (not always) sharp and have correct DPI, but the rest of the window looks like it's in lower resolution or have lower DPI.printscreen

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Have you tried Calibrating the the screen or running the Hardware and devices troubleshooter?

Do you know if this is a problem on all VN7-572G's?

Could it be a glitch in Windows that a Windows Recovery refresh would fix?