aspire switch 10E battery not charging - any ideas on how to fix this

Options
jayrorm
jayrorm Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Tablets

Notebook is only 6 months old and suddenly the battery has stopped charging.  Is there some way I can fix this or do I need to send it back to the supplier?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Depends on what is actually the problem. Three possibilities come to mind, the charger might not be making charge, the wiring from the charger to the computer might be bad or the connector on the computer might be bad. The last one is the worst, pretty much requiring a trip to Acer to be repaired. Do you have access to a different charger to try? One failure that possible in the power jack itself is the middle wire getting broken. That one you could look at to see if it's the problem.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cgreyvenstein
    cgreyvenstein Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

of course the chgarging cables are checked and working, I mean thats the first port of call to check right?

The CAer Aspire E10 Swith macahines are the worst possible producst Acer have released and I get the same experience from when I had a 486 computer 20yrs ago. Slow, lags, cant run too many applications, very small hard drive.

And the worst of course is, the screen keeps turning off (and no, its not a powerplan setting), then the battery simply does not charge! It shows its connected to a power supply and the power light in the power button us lit, so it definitely gets power. But after 1hrs of remaining on charge it simply does not reach more 13% power.

Ciao buddies at Acer, Hello Del!!

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

How many volts is your tested charger putting out?

• cgreyvenstein
    cgreyvenstein Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I dont carry a volt meter in my back pocket. So I really have no idea. My point is Acer should no tbe selling things that have these many issues. I can kick myself that I didint by the cheaper laptop from Dell / Lenovo, whihc would have had better performance allround. But, cant wait, 6 weeks and I will buy 3 new machines, all of which could have been Acer....but I will never support the Acer brand again.

• billsey
    Options

What did Acer support say when you contacted them about the problems?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aymdan2002
    aymdan2002 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Unplug your power supply

Go to device manager ..

batteries .. 

uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

then Uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter

then Shut down your device .. shut down not restart

then plug the power supply

I had the same problem and now it's working

• zomik
    zomik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10E - PLUGGED IN BUT NOT CHARGING

THE SOLUTION FOR ME was:
    1) when I clicked on ICON OF BATTERY, on the right side of the display, near to the clock.
    2) After I clicked on the SET THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE DISPLAY.
    3) CHANGE THE PLAN SETTINGS
    4) SET THE DEFAULT SETTING for charging plan
    5) click YES

If you're asked to, you can also save your new settings.

Enjoy :)

Sorry guys, if my English is not correct, I have my Windows in Slovak language and all I can do is guess how to say those steps in English.
    I hope it worked. Thank you all, who are trying to help other solve their problems.
    I hope, this solves yours, just as it solved mine :)
    Bye! :)

• Liam__
    Liam__ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The same is happening to mines, But I cannot access it and it refuses to charge. It’s indefinitely stuck on “Critical Low Battery”
  • billsey
    Options
    @Liam__ you should start your own thread instead of camping out on this old one. You'll get a lot more people reading it as a new one than will read this one that's several years old. Be sure and include your full model number (likely something like SW3-xxx-xxxx) what you are seeing and what your have tried so far. When we have the full model number we can at least look up the part number for a battery if we can't solve the charging issues.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Liam__,

Did you try to charge with different charger. 
This discussion has been closed.