just upgraded my aspire e1-571g from windows 8 to windows 10 and now i am unable to turn on the wifi

Best Answer

• niteshkumardmk1niteshkumardmk1 Member Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for your effort even if the solution suggested by you didn't work for me.

Today i fixed this issue by myself and now i am able to turn on the WIFI as well as bluetooth. Even if i have upgraded to windows 10, i went to the official site of acer ( acer drivers ), entered my product model and i chose the operating system windows 8.1 64-bit and then i downloaded the radio button which is available under 

Category-OthersVendor- DritekDescription- Other Drivers (RF Button)

and after installing this driver and restarting the system (restarts automatically after 30 seconds) i was able to fix this frustrating issue. Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (26).png

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on network adapter
    double click on wifi adapter
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.

Screenshot (22).png

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&CC_0280

download this driver: (100% trustable website)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=2105&lang=en

right click the wifi adapter, choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too, if asked.

double click the downloaded file to unpack, then run setup.exe

reboot and check if you can turn ON your wifi adapter

I followed the steps provided by you but still i am not able to turn ON the wi-fi 

Screenshot (24).png

Accepted Answer

Thanks for your effort even if the solution suggested by you didn't work for me.

Today i fixed this issue by myself and now i am able to turn on the WIFI as well as bluetooth. Even if i have upgraded to windows 10, i went to the official site of acer ( acer drivers ), entered my product model and i chose the operating system windows 8.1 64-bit and then i downloaded the radio button which is available under 

Category-OthersVendor- DritekDescription- Other Drivers (RF Button)

and after installing this driver and restarting the system (restarts automatically after 30 seconds) i was able to fix this frustrating issue. Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (26).png

Good to hear it, learnt something new.