g9-591 touchpad intermittent faulty - loss of swipe function and left click

DG1
DG1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had my G9 about 1 month. Am experiencing an issue where the touchpad will intermittently lose functions. Initially it seemed that just the swipe functions would stop working. Usually a restart would restore them. More recently the left click button has also begun to intermittently malfunction co-occurring with the loss of swipe function. When this occurs it might take 2-3 depresses of the left click button for it to respond - though sometimes it works first time. Seems to occur in all apps / games. Drivers all up to date. Not result of disabling touchpad.  Still able to manipulate cursor and touch click on touchpad. Not sure if its a hardware or software issue. Touchpad often works properly again following restart or even putting laptop to sleep (low power mode) and then waking up.

Answers

• ghentkatarn
    ghentkatarn Member Posts: 7 New User

Unfortunately, I have the same issue started just after 6th day of purchase. I tried to re-download mouse drivers,which there aren't any in the Acer Website. No drivers are found. Touchpad was working flawlessly but now it's excatly as you described. Any solutions?

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder

Try instaling this driver:

IO DriversIntelSerial IO driver30.63.1519.73.9 MB2015/10/19Descargar

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★