New R13-R7-372T: Missing Tools after clean installation

midiboy
midiboy Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi!

I got my R13-R7-372T today and I want to do a clean Windows10 install. I checked the Acer website and saw that most of the drivers are available on the download page, I also found the abApps (and Acer Portal) for download ( https://www.cloud.acer.com/ops/downloads) in case I need those some day but its seems like a few of the preinstalled apps/tools are missing. How can I reinstall the following tools if I wipe my device? (I already created a backup of the Restore partition but I need regular installation files):

- Acer Care center (edit: I found a link for a Compatability Check for the download here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/software-acer-care-center )

- Acer Hover Access (edit: Found link for Hover access here: http://go.acer.com/?id=18022#_ga=1.267060686.114307318.1458377954 but not sure about the version)

- Dolby Audio X2 Windows App

- Acer Audio Invert Utility (What does that actually do?)

I am a bit disappointed that Acer doesnt offer those for convenient download like the rest of the drivers and the Quick Access application for instance. So where can I download those or how can I at least extract them from the recovery media I created?

Edit: Seems like after some experiments most of the tools I mentioned are either unnecessary (so I removed them from the list) or available by searching around for a while. However the 2 utilities mentioned above are still missing.

Thanks !

Alex

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Dolby

Go to Device Manager/Audio inputs and outputs/Speakers RealTek High Definition Audio/Right click and uninstall.

Go to C:/Drivers/setup and install. If not there 

AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7288386.0 MB2014/11/04Download

Don't reboot yet.

Go to PCEE4/Dolby Home Theater/ double click and install/reboot.

Acer Audio Invert Utility

I don't know what it is.No one seems to know. 

Answers

• philetus

If you have a backup of the recovery partition, you have the install files for the apps in it.

• midiboy

Where exactly? I didnt find any installation files, there are no .exe installation files. Also why doesnt Acer offer them for download?

Edit: I had a closer look at the recovery media I created but I did not find the installation media. I opened the wim file containing the Windows installation files using dism but in there I only found a bunch of customization xml file but no real program installation files.

The only file left I suspect might contain the installation files was a file named usmt.ppkg1 which is 3,71GB in size. However, I have no idea how to have a peak inside that file. dism does not recognize it even if renamed to wim. If I rename it to ppkg, I can open it with the Provisioning package runtime processing tool but it asks for a password.

So how can I access those installation files? Acer should just offer them for download, seriously. 

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Dolby

Go to Device Manager/Audio inputs and outputs/Speakers RealTek High Definition Audio/Right click and uninstall.

Go to C:/Drivers/setup and install. If not there 

AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7288386.0 MB2014/11/04Download

Don't reboot yet.

Go to PCEE4/Dolby Home Theater/ double click and install/reboot.

Acer Audio Invert Utility

I don't know what it is.No one seems to know. 

• midiboy

Ah, thanks.

That was a good tip. I wouldnt have tried to install the realtek drivers cause Windows Update already installed drivers. But that one does not include the Realtek control panel or the Dolby app. 

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Hi midiboy,

You don’t need to worry about the missing files of abApps when you installing Windows 10.

Acer Portal is a part of Acer BYOC Apps(abApps). As you mentioned, you can download abApps from Acer BYOC Apps website.

Acer BYOC Apps help you Build Your Own Cloud using your own devices. Your PC becomes your personal cloud data center and your mobile devices can access all your content. You can refer to Getting Started to find out how to enjoy abApps.

Hope it will help and you’ll like them.Smiley Happy

Acer BYOC Apps Support