Predator Z35 - No audio from the speakers has stopped working.

Options
beginningatlast
beginningatlast Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2023 in Predator Monitors

I have had my monitor for roughly two weeks and today the audio from the speakers has stopped working.

The volume is up in the monitor settings as well as Windows.  It is selected as the default playback device. DTS is turned on in the monitor settings.  I am connected via displayport however I have also tested audio via HDMI.

Audio from my PC works fine through my second monitor, headphones and home theater which it is hooked up to.  I have deleted all audio drivers and reinstalled.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• beginningatlast
    Answer ✓
    Options

I probably should have tried this a lot sooner but I unplugged the monitor from power and plugged it back in again.....problem solved.  I feel like a colossal fool right now.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

call Acer support service, you tried 2 conenctions and both failed, so can be an hardware issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beginningatlast
    Answer ✓
    Options

I probably should have tried this a lot sooner but I unplugged the monitor from power and plugged it back in again.....problem solved.  I feel like a colossal fool right now.

• mrradford
    mrradford Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just wondered if this has happend since? I only ask because I got my Z35 four days ago and it just happend to me. Hope it a freak incident 

• beginningatlast
    Options
    It has not happened again.
  • Virus
    Virus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Well Done!!!! Smiley Very Happy resolved my problem!

• svarjo
    svarjo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks mate!! You made my day. I lost my sound about 3 weeks ago, removed & installed various drivers, tweaked BIOS nothing worked. I play my games with headset on so not that big deal but still. I spend about 3 hours on this issue - but your "silly" finding solved it.  I just can't believe this fix is still valid in some cases.

A beer on me if you ever end up in Oulu, Finland...

• jml909
    jml909 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Your "silly" solution saved me as well!  I'm so glad that you posted; it saved me a lot of time!

• Lunatic24_7
    Lunatic24_7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Don't feel bad...I was just there myself....but then googled it...yours was the first post and et voila! Problem Solved

See....you helped.

• failwheeldrive
    failwheeldrive Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ran into this issue a couple times on my XB321HK, and spent far too long reinstalling drivers and troubleshooting before finding this post and face palming at the solution.  So much for being an IT professional.  lol thanks for your post!

• CraftyPeat
    CraftyPeat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the exact same problem as you discribed and I was dumbfounded aswell after seeing your fix worked for me too.
  • Nexxicon
    Nexxicon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem, same fix - saved me a few minutes so don't beat yourself up about it. Sound just stopped working out of nowhere. For a monitor that cost me $900 at the time, these are really problems that shouldn't occur.
  • Maria2018
    Maria2018 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank god this post was up, I had the exact same problem and your simple find fixed it.  Wish I searched for the answer earlier before wasting a few hours.
  • bbanner
    bbanner Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    This fixes it for me, but it keeps happening...lose the audio and have to unplug and plug back in nearly every day.
  • kfsone
    kfsone Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2019
    Options
    This happens to me on both my new Z35 Predator and the non-predator Z35 I had before that.

It seems to be triggered by using Bluetooth:

1. Unplug monitor,
    2. Plug bluetooth usb hub into monitor,
    3. Power on monitor,
    4. Verify sound words,
    5. Pair/Connect wacom tablet/mouse/anything to bluetooth,
    6. Disconnect bluebooth device,
    **> No sound thru monitor speakers,
    6. Connect headphones to monitor's headphone speakers,
    --> Sound can be heard thru headphones,
    7. Disconnect headphones,
    8. Restart computer,
    --> Headphone socket still provides sound
    9. Change display input (hdmi / dp)
    **> No sound thru monitor,
    --> Sound available thru headphone
    10. Disconnect monitor from power, wait 30 s, reconnect monitor,
    --> Sound from monitor

NOTE: Same issue with/without DTS.

Unfortunately, one day my non-predator Z35 the sound just never came back. Can still hear audio thru the headphone socket but otherwise no sound from that Z35.

Looks like the Z35 is a bad choice of monitor for gaming: (a) excessive purple ghosting, (b) you didn't want sound anyway did you?

• Jerk_Kenoff
    Jerk_Kenoff Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I made a account just to say thank you had this same problem for the last 2 days.
  • DCSteve
    DCSteve Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    2X on the comment by Mr. Kenoff. I too created an account to say thanks! Relieved!
  • MDHokie
    MDHokie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Sending thanks from Feb 2023!! Bought my monitor in 2016 and this was the first time this happened. Thought the speakers died!

Thank you!!! 😘