Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition - Windows 10 drivers (touchpad / IO)

Aucun
Aucun Member Posts: 3 New User

The touchpad drivers install but do nothing, I seen a post saying install IO drivers but those don't install. Selecting my laptop model and then Windows 10 64bit and downloading the IO drivers, they say "system not supported". None of these drivers seem to work, how do I get these working? 

The laptop came with 8.1 installed and I upgraded that; however, the hard drive failed "end to end error" so I replaced it with another laptop drive. When I upgraded to 10 from 8.1 the touchpad did work. I know the touchpad isn't broken or disabled because it works fine on my linux install.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Have you tried to press Fn+F7 key?

on device manager, click on View tab, select Show hidden devices and check again about touchpad.

i would also check about ribbons connections on your latop, since you or someone changed the HDD and maybe forgot or wrongly connected something.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

So you did a clean windows 10 install on new HDD?

your model is VN7-591G?

• Aucun

Yea, I cleared the drive and installed 10 on it at first. Had to plug in a mouse to try and download the drivers for the touchpad, but they didn't work. 

Aspire VN7-591G-787J

Here is where I got the drivers from: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Notebook > Aspire > Aspire VN7-591G > Windows 10 64bit >Touchpad (Synaptics Touchpad Driver 19.0.7.33) 

They "install" but don't work, restarting doesn't help, updating windows fully doesn't help, Device Manager says all the driver are up to date and getting rid of the windows drivers doesn't help.

The IO Drivers (Intel Serial IO Driver 1.1.253.0) says the system isn't supported, so I'm guessing they just took the 8.1 drivers and slapped it in here because that doesn't make any sense why the system isn't supported.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Have you tried to press Fn+F7 key?

on device manager, click on View tab, select Show hidden devices and check again about touchpad.

i would also check about ribbons connections on your latop, since you or someone changed the HDD and maybe forgot or wrongly connected something.

• Aucun

What kind of sick **bleep** disables the touchpad by default making you use Fn+F7, I tried F7 before because it looks like a touchpad toggle button, but I didn't use Fn with it. 

Now works with:

- Default windows driver

- Synaptics driver

Thanks for the help, I've been looking for a few days to try and find out why it didn't like the touchpad and never came across Fn+F7 toggle; the number of times I reinstalled Windows over the past few days... Making your post best answer and kudoes.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy