Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake) RAM Upgrade

cfortney
cfortney Member Posts: 15 New User

Hi,

I just ordered the new skylake model of the V15 Nitro Black Edition. Before it arrives, I want to go pick up a RAM upgrade and make that the first order of business. I'm wondering if the 8GB model is using 4GBx2 or 8GBx1? And also, what specs the RAM are so I know what will work with the existing stick? 

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes of course. You can use HWINFO portable version (no installation). You'll see the brand and the part number of the memory module.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

Do you know the part number of the laptop (10 characters)? Thanks.

France
  • cfortney

VN7-592G-71ZL 

• laurent_14

Hello,

This model is shipped with one memory module of 8Gb:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB0B.032SODIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Samsung)
    KN.8GB0G.037SODIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Hynix)

I would wait to receive the laptop before to order the second module. The Hynix memory is randomly compatible. In this case, I suggest you to buy the same part.

France
  • cfortney

Is there anyway to tell which memory module I have without opening the case? I'd prefer to not have to remove the motherboard once before I order, and then again to install it...

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes of course. You can use HWINFO portable version (no installation). You'll see the brand and the part number of the memory module.

France
  • cfortney

Thank you! Just what I was looking for. 

• laurent_14

You're welcome

France
  • cfortney

It seems like the Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF 8GB stick is both difficult to find, and extremely expensive! $100 for a single 8gb module? It looks like my best option is to buy a new pair of 16gb?? 

• cfortney

Sorry for all of the replies! I've found on ebay it looks like the single 8GB RAM module that I need, but there are a few different descriptions from 3 different listings:

"HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF NO AB"

"HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF NO AC"

"HMA41GS6AFR8N"

All of them seem to have the exact same specs, I can't tell the difference. HWinfo just reads: "HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF" which doesn't seem to match any of those 3 perfectly! 

• laurent_14

HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF NO AB

HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF NO AC

• It's the part number. The most important
    • NO= Module option code means without option
    • AB or AC= Process code. Only use by the factory (internal use) so not important.

My advise: Check always the sticker on the picture and you must see the original part number: HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF

No pictures ---> Don't buy it

Don't forget it is DDR4 memory so more expensive: 1,2V and up to 3200MHz!

France