acer predator g9-791 can't switch on

Options
karvunski
karvunski Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought my laptop acer predator g9-791 before 2 months and today the laptop doesnt start. The start button doesnt respond on battery, doesnt respond on cable too. The light's indicator doesnt switch on, when the power cabel is switch on.

Best Answer

• karvunski
    Answer ✓
    Options

The laptop stopped and there are not indication, that he is a life. I tried everything and in the end i sent it to ACER service center. From ACER told me, that everything is OK/tested it two day and bla bla/ and the laptop now is working.

Answers

• Meatball
    Meatball Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Hi I had a similar issue when I first unboxed my 15inch version. Does the fans start making noise? In that case, you need to wait for the battery to drain out completely. Then plug the power back in and it should turn on. Or you could probably remove the battery.

I updated my VGA drivers and it seems to have solved the problem.

Have you had any freezes or crashes, bluescreens and such problems with your graphics card? Im still struggeling a bit with this

• karvunski
    Answer ✓
    Options

The laptop stopped and there are not indication, that he is a life. I tried everything and in the end i sent it to ACER service center. From ACER told me, that everything is OK/tested it two day and bla bla/ and the laptop now is working.

• Meatball
    Meatball Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Ok so i had this problem just now. I kept turning the power on and off for 20 minutes straight, then it finally turned on properly. Same issue I had when i first unboxed it, and ive had it coming like 2-3 times the last weeks.

Once its up and running, there doesnt seem to be a problem. Then when you least expect it, it comes back. Not sure if your problem is the exact same, but it could be for sure.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if your laptop has again this problem to boot, try to reset the battery.

look at the bottom of your laptop, there's a small hole with a battery icon, put a pin inside and keep pressing for about 10 seconds, then try to boot again.

I'm not an Acer employee.