VN7-592G hdmi output wired to iGPU or nvidia?

NoLimits
NoLimits Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi!

I'm going to order VN7-592G Nitro, but I've got some doubts. I'd like to know, if the hdmi output of notebooks is wired to intel GPU or nvidia? I tried to google it out, but without a success.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

The HDMI port is "wired" to Intel GPU via Intel Thunderbolt Controller (Alpine Ridge).

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

The HDMI port is "wired" to Intel GPU via Intel Thunderbolt Controller (Alpine Ridge).

France
  • NoLimits
    NoLimits Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you! It sounds great, as it is possible, that external display will work fine with Linux (without Optimus-related problems).

• laurent_14

You're welcome

France
  • anarcheril
    anarcheril Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

So does this mean that optimus effectively turns any gaming laptop into a ***** tier joke via screen tearing or ***** ridiculous input lag on v-sync since there are no display ports that give the GPU frame buffer direct access to the monitor, hence all 10xx series cards missing half of their ***** features. From DSR to fast sync, if I hadn't paid near half price for my nitro 5 I'd be calling any of the laptops selling 10xx+ series cards total ***** false advertisement. 
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Hi @anarcheril

We appreciate you for sharing the comments. However, we would like to let you know that this thread is an older one. If you have any queries or solutions we request you to create a new thread. 

Note: This thread will be closed now.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel 
This discussion has been closed.